Original topic:

chat settings registration failed

(Topic created on: 08-10-2019 01:18 PM)
ExodusCheese
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Trying to enable the new feature for one on one chats and group chats with the new update and every time I try it says "registration failed". Anyone else getting this error or what am I doing wrong? 

(Update to my phone call with Samsung support)

Representative I talked to said in a few days there will be another update pushed out to resolve this issue and that developers are working on this issue right now. As I figured this has nothing to do with RCS by the sounds of it and will be similar to iMessage I'm thinking. 
52 Comments
EmBeSc
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I am every time. no clue why
Galaxy S
Chat Registration is likely failing because your Carrier doesn't support RCS or RCS with Samsung Messages 😉 🐧
No issues with my S9+ & Rogers fwiw 🕊
Same thing is likely the case for you @EmBeSc
ExodusCheese
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
im with Telus mobility
crsmejia
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I agree, when I was using Freedom I got an email about them updating their network to support RCS 5.0 . Using Koodo now I don't think Telus has done that yet.

Galaxy S
I'm with Rogers - But according to this article from MobileSyrup - It wasn't clear if Telus has rolled out RCS to all or any of it's customers?
You might want to contact Telus directly to confirm if RCS is available for you now 😉 🐧

https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/07/02/google-rcs-telus-koodo/
Annabanana
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I'm getting the same message. I'm with koodo. Telus and Koodo have not rolled out RCS yet.
TB80
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
im getting it now too, after the latest update
Jayskin
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I'm with koodo as well and getting the same message
ExodusCheese
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
from my understanding if it's anything like iMessage that Apple has then it should have nothing to do with our mobile carrier because iMessage is through its own apple servers so if this is the same idea it would be through Samsung servers as well...