Original topic:

Data Saver and Mobile Hotspot

(Topic created on: 12-14-2023 07:44 PM)
Heuberto
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Is there anyway I can enable my hotspot while data saver is on? 
9 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I would say no, that is not possible. It kind of goes against the idea of sharing your Mobile Data connection with another device. Trying to limit the amount of Mobile Data being used while providing a Data connection, really wouldn't make sense. 

0 Likes
Heuberto
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I'd like to not use so much app data while I'm using my hotspot so depending on your preferences this may or may not make sense.
0 Likes
Heuberto
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I use high processing speed and I turn off sync while I'm using hotspot. This would be a great way of making the hotspot even faster. Less data usage. I have 125GB of data usage but still.. 🙂
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Maybe, but I don't think that it's the point behind HotSpot, the idea, and thinking behind it is to help someone else out, when they don't have access to their data. Pretty sure that it is not intended to be used in the way you describe. 

I don't personally think that it is a bad idea, just not one that is designed to be the purpose of Mobile HotSpot. 

0 Likes
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Settings won't let you do it. Strange because you can exclude apps from data saver, but mobile hot spots isn't one of them.
Heuberto
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Mobile Hotspot should be one of those options. Idea for the future. 😉
Zoe141
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

Same I agree totally

0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, I request you to please follow the below link to learn more about the hotspot.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-phone-use-a-mobile-hotspot/

RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
I suggest you actually read the original post so that you can reply with something that pertinent to the problem the member is describing. Or maybe don't post if you don't have something useful to add.