Original topic:

Dead pixels on s21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 06-04-2021 01:28 PM)
j0n
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I've just noticed in the middle of my screen (when dark content is displayed) there are 2 green dots that are quite noticeable. 

Since the phone is only a few months old, am I covered and does anyone know what the process is on getting it fixed?

Thanks
10 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S
Hi, the phenomenon isn't the device defect.
AMOLED is a display using self-lighting of each pixel and has characteristic(benefit) that allows seeing very dark areas that LCD cannot express.
Thus due to fine current differences of each pixel in extremely low brightness(luminance) areas(such as black or very dark screen), some areas of the AMOLED display may show differences in brightness and the degree of differences may vary. Due to the fine characteristics difference of the semiconductors elements that make up AMOLED display, the brightness may vary slightly depending on the device.
This is a typical characteristic of AMOLED display. It's a phenomenon in which the brightness looks slightly different under only certain conditions due to the fine characteristics difference of the individual semiconductor elements that make up AMOLED display, and does not affect the device performance. To reduce the phenomenon,
Change the display mode to Light mode. (Settings > Display, then select the Light) Alternatively,
Adjust the display brightness a little bit brighter. (Settings > Display, the adjust the Brightness)All Samsung smartphones undergo rigorous internal inspection tests and are always being controlled under Samsung's high level of quality standards internally.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
You completely misunderstood his issue. His screen is defective because of permanent green pixels being lit, not because it has pure blacks.
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi J0n, please share a screenshot of the device for further assistance.

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
The process is simple. All you have to do is get to the nearest authorized service centre and show them the problem. Hopefully they won't try to reason with you that this is "perfectly normal" which is not since that is a widely known issue across the display industry. They should take care of it under warranty within the next two hours.
Ussama
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Has your issue been fixed ? As i am currently having the same issue.

0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, please share a screenshot of the device for further assistance.

0 Likes
Galaxy S

I believe you mean I photo of the screen cause seeing as its the screen that's broken how will a screen shot help?? 

Any ways here is lla photo same issue

IMG-20210728-WA0038.jpg

0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, If there are small dots on your screen, they could be stuck or dead pixels. Having a couple of dead pixels is not unusual, and individual pixels are typically unnoticeable. However, there are some steps you can take to make them ago away. Power off your device. Wait 30 seconds after your device has completely powered off, and then press and hold the Power key until the Samsung logo appears. Once your device powers on, test it to see if your original issue is still happening.

0 Likes
AMacaspac
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hello,

I have the same issue as the other above. It's not 1 Pixel though and it's a line of them on the left side of my screen. I tried using the technique you mentioned above and it does not work for me. Also tried using a dead pixels app to resolve the issue with no success.

Would this be covered by warranty if I take it to get repaired? It's quite distracting. Thank you! 

0 Likes