Original topic:

Grammarly

(Topic created on: 03-07-2022 08:12 PM)
8ppexAlien
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I believe grammar is important and it's not a far-fetched idea that Grammarly is a form of A.I. that is reading EVERY Android devices keyboard text inputs. Essentially recording EVERYTHING to learn the "tone" of what is being spoken. The spell check was fine because it wasn't learning based on my inputs. I am not being paid to teach your robot. I DO NOT CONSENT TO MY TEXT BEING RECORDED. But does that even matter? Remember we agreed to the terms of service after the update. So did we forgo our right to choose? Another question: Does Samsung acknowledge that they decided to infringe on our FREEDOM OF SPEECH. OUR FREEDOM TO MAKE GRAMMER ERRORS? #IWONTTAPTHEGREENLINE
19 Comments
automaton
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
This is insane. Just use the gboard keyboard if you don't want grammarly
0 Likes
8ppexAlien
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Tried to switch it, not possible after the update, if it is, my s20fe5g won't allow it. Also I've notice the Facebook app crashes all the time now. I believe grammerly has conflicts with the Facebook interface somehow
automaton
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
You're worried about Grammarly stealing your data but not Meta...?? Delete Facebook and then let's talk
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Yeah, just because Facebook changed it's name (like people don't know that it's still FB lol 😂), FB almost makes Google look innocent when it comes to selling your information.. Maybe some people don't know, or don't remember when FB OWNED the rights to people's images they posted!

https://www-dailymail-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2249952/a...

I personally use SwiftKey & you can turn Off Microsoft's access to the words you type.

Screenshot_20220308-063915_Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard.jpg

8ppexAlien
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Facebook is merely a small exposed tip of a very large iceberg hidden beneath a sea of deception.
automaton
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
You're a sea of deception
0 Likes
8ppexAlien
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
😶🌫
0 Likes
Brantley
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Please open Samsung keyboard, tap settings >> Select third party content to use >> Tap Turn off Grammarly.

0 Likes
8ppexAlien
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I've tried that. It doesn't turn off. Well it does until I exit the screen, it just goes back on. Like a default setting.