Original topic:

how to change profile Country on S8?

(Topic created on: 03-16-2019 02:41 PM)
DavidLise
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I have a canadian Samsung S8 locked to Rogers network. I am now living in the UK and have got the unlock code and now have a UK number. But i still cannot download UK specific apps. It tells me it is not available in my country..

How do i change my phone to a UK phone? I have tried changing address in google, it didnt work. Can i change the country on my samsung account? 

Thanks, david 
0 Likes
5 Comments
DavidLise
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
yes i have. currently using UK sim
0 Likes
Sany
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
All what you have to do is.. Create a Gmail account with country set as UK.. Then login to play store with that account.. You will be able to download the apps specific for that country.. 👍👍
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
No. The device is unsupported, not the account
0 Likes
mindl
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Do tell when you figure it out. i think you're stuck otherwise I'd have figured out how to get pie from Russia on my A8.
0 Likes
MystTake
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
You cant flash the CSC of an exynos (UK) based phone on to a snapdragon (CAN). The result is an expensive brick or paper weight. @DavidLise My advise is to go to Apps -> Google play store and clear data and cache. Since your internet connection is that of a UK one you no longer will be using the Canadian play store after the reset and itll just switch to UK. Also you'll need to register for a UK Samsung account for Samsung pay services and whatnot. It's not possible to convert your Canadian one to UK.