(Topic created on: 12-04-2023 09:04 PM)
Satrx
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
My phone is s23 ultra 
I bought from Samsung website from Saudi arabia 
And I live in canada and I have rogers plan 5g 
And it won't turn 5g ever any solutions ? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Ben
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Satrx, we are sorry to hear that you can't use 5G because of the hardware incompatibility. We kindly remind you that your device must be purchased in Canada or have compatible connectivity hardware in order to use 5G in Canada. If you find SgtStubby's explanation helpful, please take a moment to click 'Accept as Solution'. Thank you SgtStubby for the explanation.

View solution in context

0 Likes
22 Comments
SgtStubby
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Different country's use Different frequency bands so it sounds like your phone is set up for bands not available in Canada.
If you get LTE+ it's very good unless you require very fast speeds for a computer. My 5G service area is poor where I live.
0 Likes
Satrx
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Ahh man I'm sad about it 😢😞 but thanks for telling me.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Ben
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Satrx, we are sorry to hear that you can't use 5G because of the hardware incompatibility. We kindly remind you that your device must be purchased in Canada or have compatible connectivity hardware in order to use 5G in Canada. If you find SgtStubby's explanation helpful, please take a moment to click 'Accept as Solution'. Thank you SgtStubby for the explanation.

0 Likes
Satrx
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
WHY
0 Likes
SgtStubby
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
It's not a Samsung issue it's just how different country's determine which bands it will allow for use for cellular service. Blame the government.
0 Likes
Satrx
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I know I'm just sad 😔
SgtStubby
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Honeslty 5G for me is no better than the LTE+ I had.
0 Likes
Satrx
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I used to use 5g in Saudi Arabia but now I'm in canada and my phone is s23 ultra I can't change the phone I guess I just live with 4g
0 Likes
Aussie_Canadian
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Why blame the Govt.? Samsung locks the bands, not the Govt. 

Up until last month there was a way around to get into service menu and unlock all bands but since Nov. they have blocked that method too. I am from Australia. I have 2 devices, both purchased in Australia. I was able to unlock all bands on S23 using the service menu but since my other device (Flip 5) got updated with Samsung's latest firmware, service menu is locked now. So who is to blame? Samsung or Govt.?

And then Samsung talks about competing with Apple...Apple never locks their bands on any of their devices. Why does Samsung have to lock? Is it because US bullies non-US company Samsung into locking their bands? or has Apple got more power because it is a US company?

0 Likes