Original topic:

InFamous 6.1 update feat S23 ultra

(Topic created on: 04-29-2024 03:52 PM)
KingsSlay_er
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Well where to began with, I was so excited for 6.1 update for my S23 ultra that I was keep on checking up software update section every 4 hours 😅 and now when I got the update I regret why did I even updated my phone's software. 
Although this update did came up with new features but also with lots of bugs. 
1. Game like BGMI now hangs if a call came up while playing the game weather it's a phone call or WhatsApp call. I have to close all the apps and restart the game to fix the issue.
2. Battery life running out of the phone like my money runs out of bank account. Before this update I never use to charge my phone 3 or 4 times a day now it's crazy . Every 4th hour I am charging my phone.
3. It's overheating like summer in New Delhi. Those who don't know the reference just google peak temperature in New Delhi during summer. I had to put ice to cool down my phone. 
I mean Samsung Canada why give a update if it's gonna irritate the user.

Hope these issue resolve soon 🥲
0 Likes
10 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I don't play any games, and I don't use WhatsApp, but there's nothing wrong with the battery life, or temperature on my S23 Ultra One UI V6.1, if anything, the battery life is slightly better. 

Screenshot_20240429_185717.jpg

Battery temperatures of 30°C to 40+°C are perfectly normal, when you are using / Charging the phone.

If you're using a thick case, that could contribute to warmer temperatures.

I always Boot into Recovery after EVERY update, and Factory Reset after EVERY Android Version, or One UI update. 

KingsSlay_er
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Thanks I'll start doing this before I update to the newer version 😀.
0 Likes
RandyCA
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Same thing I feel after I update my tab s9 plus with ui 6.1 on march 28th. Next week samsung push April security patch after update every thing works back to normal again. Also I did wipe system cache partition works well now. You can try wipe cache partition hope works for you.
KingsSlay_er
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
😯great I'll try this as well. I'll if I try both the methods my problem might get resolved 😀
Galaxy S
A lot of times, the updates are fine, with minimal bugs for only a few people. Then, they quickly push out a fix to take care of everything, and we all just end up with exciting new features. But not this time. Unfortunately, it's been an overwhelmingly negative experience for many customers, without resolutions that outweigh the benefits of the new and exciting features. This is the first time that I'm glad the update didn't roll out across all devices simultaneously. I have a little anxiety about the 6.1 update coming next week for the Tab S8 Ultra, so I'll wait to see if there are any issues from the community before I update mine this time. I think they had an idea that there would be problems, which is why they said at first that they didn't think the AI features would be coming to previous devices due to the power needed. But at the time, I thought, "Yeah, right, they probably just want everyone to buy the S24." They couldn't really know how bad it would be for customers until they rolled it out and we all used it, just like they do to test the new version of Android/UI updates every year.
KingsSlay_er
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Bang on this how I felt initially, "it's a new update issue will go away" but the wait is tiring especially if you use your daily driver very extensively and not just one function I mean the whole thing you start feeling irritated very quickly. Even now I think that these issue are just ways from Samsung to push users to buy the upgrade but I might be wrong. To be part of the new AI race left a bitter taste in my mouth cause I was so eager to update it. I should have waited for a bit to see the reviews, but I also got some new tricks to try let's see how they work.
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi KingsSlay_er, we are sorry to see that these issues have started after the software update. As said by our Samsung members, it is recommended to perform wipe your cache partition through recovery mode after every update and check if it resolves the problem.

1. Hold the Power button and Volume Down to open the power options where choose the Power off.

2. When the screen goes dark press the Volume Up and Power keys together.

3. Let go of all held buttons when you see the Recovery mode on the screen.

4. Then you should select Wipe cache partition. Use Volume Up to navigate and the Power button to accept it.

5. Choose Yes and press the Power key to confirm that operation.

6. After that select Reboot system now with the Power key."

If you still face the issue even after performing the above steps, please send an error report using Samsung members application.

Open the Samsung Members app, and then tap the + key at the bottom right > Tap Error reports > A message will populate for you to choose Always to send the system log data or Just this time. We recommend being connected to Wi-Fi network depending on your mobile network plan > You will be able to choose from Category on what issue your device might be experiencing among the list > Please enter issue details or attach a video or screenshot to make easier to understand. Then press Send icons to complete report.

Thank you. 

0 Likes
FsIuRnE
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Same here, phone is overheating, and battery die fast, its been 2-3 time that my s23 Ultra get the message that "the phone is too hot" i'm thinking to contact customer support hope the next update will help. I also noticed that the screen have a bit less sensitivity what about yours ?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

At the very least, Boot into Recovery & Wipe Cache. 

But as I've said many times, after every Android version / One UI update, I always backup my device & Factory Reset. 

I've posted screen shots of my battery & temperature.. it's absolutely fine on One UI V6.1. 

As for Touch Sensitivity, there is a repeatable issue at the very bottom edge of the screen, if you're using Samsung's Navigation Gestures. I am certain that it is due to Circle to Search reserving some space for it to work. The issue is that it happens, with Circle to Search OFF. 

The workaround is to enable Gesture Hints, which is not a good solution, but it works. 

I've reported the issue to Samsung a few times already.

Samsung's response has thus far been useless.

Here's a link that kind of discusses part of the problem:

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-s23-fingerprint-issue-one-ui-6-1-fix-coming-soon/