Original topic:

MMS issue on wifi

(Topic created on: 09-02-2020 01:58 PM)
aliteepu
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hi All.
S10+ is not downloading any incoming MMS via wifi..but as soon as i switch to data.it work instantly. Checked all the settings..restarted. any guess. Thnx

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy S
Ok, did some research on Rogers forum. Technically, MMS does require data connection. That means even you connected to WiFi, you still need data enable at the same time. If you turned data off and just WiFi at home, MMS will not work.

Also, in this forum. Moderators have been mentioned that data needs to be turn on for MMS operations.

View solution in context

Solution
ctangabc
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Tallman is correct, MMS requires data connection to send/to receive messages.

View solution in context

Solution
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy S

Hi aliteepu,

Yes, To Send/Recieve an MMS, mobile data need to be active. If it hasn't been turned on, you will not be able to send or receive any MMS. I hope this information will help you.

View solution in context

10 Comments
Galaxy S
In the old days, MMS requires data to send and receive. But recent years, seems to be changed. I realise that MMS can be send and receive over WiFi. Can this be carrier problem? Are you using Rogers?

Oh...do you have WiFi Calling feature? Maybe you need this plan in order to send MMS over WiFi?
0 Likes
aliteepu
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
yes with rogers..but i called them. they said everything is fine at there end
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Have you turned off mobile data and just WiFi? You still need data turn on in order to send over WiFi.
0 Likes
aliteepu
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
yup..at home only wifi..i dont use both at the same time..but for MMS..hv to use data..i checked mms on apple phone..doesn't need data to download..wifi is enough
0 Likes
Solution
Galaxy S
Ok, did some research on Rogers forum. Technically, MMS does require data connection. That means even you connected to WiFi, you still need data enable at the same time. If you turned data off and just WiFi at home, MMS will not work.

Also, in this forum. Moderators have been mentioned that data needs to be turn on for MMS operations.
Solution
ctangabc
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Tallman is correct, MMS requires data connection to send/to receive messages.
aliteepu
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
thnx...
0 Likes
Solution
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy S

Hi aliteepu,

Yes, To Send/Recieve an MMS, mobile data need to be active. If it hasn't been turned on, you will not be able to send or receive any MMS. I hope this information will help you.

aliteepu
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
thnx kinsley..