Original topic:

MMS issues with latest update

(Topic created on: 05-10-2022 09:11 PM)
Josie911
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Unable to send or receive MMS since the latest update of my S10e.  APN setting checked with my carrier, everything seems to be OK on their end.  Contacted Samsung support.  Said others have been having some issues with the latest update, suggested 3rd party messaging app.  This did not work for me either.  Tech said it may have something to do with my phone being an "international" phone based on the IMEI and that there was nothing I could do to fix this.  Cleared the app cache. Factory reset did not work either.  Suggestions?
0 Likes
12 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

The "3rd party app" that was likely suggested by Samsung Support, would have been Google's Messaging app. 

If you tried using a different Messaging app, other than Google Messages, that could be the issue. 

Also, for MMS, you need to have Cell Data enabled, which is why I think that you verified the APN.

If your device is not a Canadian "W" model & you are trying to use RCS (Chat) messaging, that could certainly be an issue, but I think that it's a Carrier issue, and not a Samsung issue, but MMS should still work, just not RCS.

Are you using a Canadian Carrier's SIM in your device? 

0 Likes
Josie911
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yes Canadian carrier's SIM. I was able to send and receive mms with Textra until the latest update last week. Mobile data enabled
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Well I'm quite certain that you can't use RCS with Textra.

Samsung's Moderators are advising people to switch to Google's Messages, (I've been using it all along anyway). Google Messages actually supported RCS before Samsung Messages anyway. 

Have you tried Google Messages? 

0 Likes
Josie911
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yes I have. No luck. And yes it was Google Messages the Samsung tech suggested I contacted via Smart Tutor
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I can see that as your device is not a Canadian model, that Canadian Carriers may not support RCS, but you should still be able to use MMS.

Sorry if you already mentioned it, but have you tried to Reset your Network Settings? ⚠️ You'll need to know your passwords ⚠️

Settings > General Management > Reset Network Settings 

0 Likes
Josie911
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yes I have tried resetting the Network settings several times. I figure if a factory reset doesn't fix it then I'm not sure if anything can...
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Only other thing that I can think of, get a replacement SIM card from your Carrier, and it should be free. 

Stranger things have happened, but seeing as how you have tried everything else, and you were able to send/receive MMS before, I'd try a new SIM, it's possible that could be the issue? 

0 Likes
Josie911
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I took out the SIM and put it in my husband's phone Samsung A20 and was able to send and receive MMS so I don't think it's the SIM. I do appreciate all the suggestions BTW!!!
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Did you try again with your phone, after you put the SIM back in.. could have been a bad connection? 

0 Likes