Original topic:

My s21 ultra keeps giving me error messages stating rooted

(Topic created on: 06-27-2021 12:09 AM)
dj198437
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Is anyone else experiencing the same issue I have only had phone since February I think anyway recently I have tried to use certain apps like Samsung pass and I believe I had tried sending money via Ria and couple odd others things and I keep getting the won't operate because device is rooted which is odd because this is newest model and I assume hasn't been able to root so why is it saying rooted?? (I am able to log in to my bank account and credit card and other sites that's known for ways to identify devices that have been although)
2 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Actually, it may be possible to Unlock the Bootloader & Thus Root the Snapdragon variant, but that's a whole other discussion.

Did you purchase the phone new from Samsung / Carrier?

I've seen that some people have got a "your device is Rooted" error with Samsung Health mostly, and on devices that were never Rooted. 

You could try Booting into Safe Mode & see if you can use Samsung Pass (not sure if Safe Mode will allow you to use Samsung Pass) but worth a try. 

If you still can't use Samsung Pass, then I'd go to the next step below. 

If I were you, I'd backup the device with Smart Switch & then Factory Reset 

Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, As suggested by RedDogRabbit, Please verify your device in safe mode to diagnose the issue exactly if the third-party apps cause the issue or the device. Safe mode to check if added apps are causing problems.

This mode only loads basic system software and allows you to disable third-party applications.

1. After turning off the device, turn it on.

2. Once the Samsung logo has started, press and hold the volume down button.

3. When the home screen appears, the safe mode is displayed in the lower-left corner of the screen.

How to deactivate safe mode.

1. Press and hold the power button.

2. Tap Restart.

Thanks for the response RedDogRabbit.

0 Likes