Original topic:

New S10 update appeared on FOTA

(Topic created on: 07-05-2019 09:56 PM)
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I'm going to assume that this is the July security patch we'll get in early August:

It used to be ASF9, now it says ASG1? 
0 Likes
6 Comments
Galaxy S
I'd like to see Samsung continue to provide updates to the Finger Print scanner (It's no where near as good as the FP scanner on the back of the S9 series) and whatever happened with Samsung's development of using the cutout around the selfie cameras for Notifications? Samsung was apparently working on back in February...
My 2 cents 🐧
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Oh yeah I agree. I don't think they can do much to fix the FP scanner at this point though. I don't know why they can't just update the camera, scanner, etc individually though.
0 Likes
MAP
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
It's the first Gen of ultrasonic fingerprint scanner, it's much more accurate and functional than their first phone with fingerprint scanner inside the Galaxy S5, it never came as close as the one in the s10. All firsts gens hardware are not really perfect!
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Already posted
0 Likes
Galaxy S
@MAP - My point is that Samsung should NOT have introduced the Ultrasonic FP scanner when they did - It was a bad decision to use something that is significantly inferior to the FP scanner on the S9 series - We're not paying for the "privilege" of being a Manufacturer's development & troubleshooting subjects.

The FP scanner on the back works virtually 100% of the time as well as being faster than the Ultrasonic FP scanner - Which on a daily basis will frequently fail to recognize the Finger Print - With "Press Harder" & "Make sure that your finger covers the entire sensor".... It was NOT ready for prime time!
0 Likes