Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

OEM unlocking problem

(Topic created on: 08-08-2019 04:47 PM)
juicy_alan
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
so on my Samsung galaxy s8 model: SM-G950W is not showing OEM unlock on developer options. I know where to find it and I had done costume firmware updates on my s5. But for the s8 it's not even showing up. I had even tried the date method to get around the RMM but still nothing. Someone please help

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy S
@CHMultimedia - But that version isn't available here.. so while you're accurate - it's kind of a non starter...
@scoop911 None of the North American Samsung "Flagship" devices have had an unlocked bootloader since the S7 series & the US S7 didn't have the Exynos chip & so it DID have a locked bootloader.. So no OEM Unlock in Canada since the S7 series 🐧

View solution in context

Solution
Galaxy S
Well that's the most likely - Unless you bought from Amazon or something?
So yeah - OEM Unlock is not possible 🐧

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Comments
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Snapdragon based S8 do not support OEM unlocking.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Correction: NA Snapdragon S8. The G9500 has a Snapdragon and an unlocked bootloader
0 Likes
Solution
Galaxy S
@CHMultimedia - But that version isn't available here.. so while you're accurate - it's kind of a non starter...
@scoop911 None of the North American Samsung "Flagship" devices have had an unlocked bootloader since the S7 series & the US S7 didn't have the Exynos chip & so it DID have a locked bootloader.. So no OEM Unlock in Canada since the S7 series 🐧
fatcatgatto
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Is it all SM-G950W ?

Is that any other solution to root my device?

0 Likes
juicy_alan
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
oh I have a Canadian one I think
0 Likes
Solution
Galaxy S
Well that's the most likely - Unless you bought from Amazon or something?
So yeah - OEM Unlock is not possible 🐧
0 Likes
juicy_alan
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
well then I guess I'll buy the s9 from Amazon. anyways I both this one from telus I think that's why. anyways thank you
0 Likes
fatcatgatto
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
  • I have the same problem with the Samsung Galaxy 8 SM-G950W. I  followed all the advices the date method...I've watch all videos on YouTube about the subject...name it....I would like to root my device.  I installed everything on my computer...Odin...ect...but I need to unlock the OEM to continue.  But now that I have read Shaggyskunk1BLM I understand that Samsung isn't fair with everyone.  Thanks to you Shaggyskunk1BLM ...I **bleep** so upset right now.