Original topic:

Oreo Tip: Notification overhaul.

(Topic created on: 06-11-2018 05:40 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Oreo's main highlight on stock phones is how notifications are treated and now gives you full control over them.

Did you know you could snooze notifications so they appear later? Indeed, this feature is quite useful if you receive an important notification but cannot consult it right now. Just snooze it so you won't have to worry about checking it later.

To snooze: Open notifications, slide the notification you want to appear later, select the time and there you go!

There is also the option to apply settings on the notifications from a specific app from that point. You can assign importance levels to app and types of notifications! Check it out now.

Also, if you tap the status bar, you'll see all your notification icons!

And, when you open have more notifications than what can fit in the notification panel, the rest of the notifications appear as icons. Nothing too fancy but still a delicate touch I find really cool. Also notice the shading.
931eb306-0220-4227-b7e5-c89f266bdfed.jpg
e905c181-42de-48da-9878-d0ca9f542f91.jpg
74ff3de9-02cc-4555-985b-67f77f1ce89d.jpg
<script>LITHIUM.OoyalaPlayer.addVideo('https:\/\/player.ooyala.com\/static\/v4\/production\/', 'lia-vid-docWw1aDE6gV5UZijZ63UWSnZz3BfCPUw320h240r48', 'docWw1aDE6gV5UZijZ63UWSnZz3BfCPU', {"pcode":"Izc20yOsypmW3dxnmApAaPAnexgM","playerBrandingId":"ODI0MmQ3NjNhYWVjODliZTgzY2ZkMDdi","width":"320px","height":"240px"});</script>(내 동영상에서 보기)

0 Likes
4 Comments
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
The cute animation of the icons popping into place when you slide down the noto shade is my favourite feature lmao
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
It's really cute. It's just those little things that make the whole package great. Admittedly the additional week of delay for the same build was kind of a letdown but in the end we finally got it and I love it
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Exactly. A week ago I was quite pissed with Samsung delaying it over and over, but honestly the update is great and I'm just happy we finally have it.
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @CHMultimedia, thanks a lot for sharing with us!

- Wonchul
0 Likes