Original topic:

Oreo update - Badge count on email does not work

(Topic created on: 03-24-2018 08:02 AM)
Blaze1234
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hello ever since I updated to Oreo the numbers badge do not work on the native email app on my Samsung S8+.

Although the number badges do work for missed phone calls and messages, just not emails. They all did work before the Oreo update.. after the Oreo update the native email app also updated to the newest version.

the notification for email is turned on..as shown in attachment.842a521d-0fd8-4417-9a00-df2076e34e1d.jpg
0 Likes
4 Comments
Galaxy S
@Blaze1234, did you try removing the Email icon shortcut from your home screen and then re-adding it? You can also try booting into recovery and wiping the cache, last resort would be to do a factory reset, but don't forget to backup your phone first.
0 Likes
brownbatman
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
As soon as you swipe it away in your notification tray it also removes the badge from the app. Also are you using the Samsung launcher?
0 Likes
Blaze1234
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
hello..I removed the icon and put it back on the home screen..what is happening now is of I get an email it quickly shows a 1 then disappears just as fast as it shows up.. I did not have my pop up notification set up before Oreo on emails and I cannot find wher to turn it back on..I do have pop ups for messages and phone calls.. I get so many emails that I did not want the quick display turned on..it looks like I may be forced to do that now to see how many unread I do have..
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @Blaze1234, to help us troubleshoot, could you please submit a device error log? From the Samsung Members application, tap the “Feedback” icon. Tap the Pen icon and then submit an “Error report”. Thanks!

- Wonchul
0 Likes