Original topic:

Please stop to do updates without my permission !!!

(Topic created on: 06-09-2019 01:31 AM)
SaYoLE82
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Updates of software and factory's applications without permission of owner of device is CHEATING OF CONSUMERS  !!!!!
If you are already prepared any updates, make a promotion of same on YouTube and OFFER to me to watch it, send to me update with link of your YouTube presentation how my device will work after update, show me benefits of that update and if I like it I WILL CHOOSE UPDATE or SAVE ORIGINAL VERSION if I don't like your update. You have NO right to FORCING me/us to make a changes of our devices. 
Just to remind you SAMSUNG, that means about SOFTWARE and every each application. 
If you do one more update I will sale my newer device for any price and I will never gonna buy SAMSUNG devices in general. I respect quality of hardwares of your brand, but you destroyed my device with your "super smart" updates.
I hope that many other people share my opinion about that and that you will make a changes in the  future of your business. 
Best regards 
36 Comments
SaYoLE82
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
p.s.
do not all of us using cellphones for fun and playing games or have too much time to dealing with changes because you decide to change the style of icons or give more options to retarded application as BIXBY is, or any other like this one. You made me a problems with update because I didn't heard ringing of my phone when people called me in time when I was connected by bluetooth, but bluetooth I took out from my ear. Later I found in forum that some user explains that audio needs to be disconnected from bluetooth if you want to hear ringing of cellphone from the calls or messages and other notifications. Also I didn't put too much attention before I accepted update and whole history of messages and password saved was deleted. Now I adjusted phone to my needs but please don't do that again. When I purchased my S8+ I liked how system looks and works and because of that I bought it, now you put a right to yourself to make a changes of my property. Ask yourself isn't too much rude from you.
Samesung
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I'll put delicately yet bluntly since you're triggered. EVERY phone company does several updates per year, and many individuals like yourself go full blown kook. Check out the Apple Care page on Twitter and enjoy the myriad of complaints. Same goes for Google, One +, and all the others. The amazing thing is there's this magical toggle that let's you choose whether or not to auto update your phone. USER ERROR is the issue here...
Selsharesthan
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

My phone has that toggle turned off. It always has been turned off. My phone updates and reboots anyway. It doesn't give me an option. So you're wrong. 

Benzter
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I understand your fustration. Most people here are no help. They have no idea what there talking about. Look into adb on andriod and its possible to stop updates.There is no other way. Most people will bash you for doing it but me personally dont like the Andriod 11 look. Hate the new volume buttons and dialer and contacts layout. I stop them on mine and am on Andriod 10 forever untill I update it. Samsung just makes the phone and its upto google or your carrier to update your phone. The only phone Samsung will  help you with is the international model with Exynos  processor.The Qualcomm is a Closed source processor company that United States use. Samsung makes the Exynos themselves in house. Hope this helps.

Benzter
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

The button doesnt work. It will update on its own.You have to  be tech savy with adb to disable updates. Its on googles SDK. If you dont know what that is what are you doing on a help center. Trust me it will update on its own. Google owns andriod now. Its up to google not Samsung. They just make the base phone. Google adds the updates. lol  Jeez I totally agree with the guy.Its bull to buy something you have no control over. Especially since andriod is open source and Google doesnt own the source code they just modify it and update the open source code. So long story short yes its possible but not for beginners.

Samesung
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
#staypressed
0 Likes
Galaxy S

no @sshole. Samsung, verizon, Tmobile. android. ALL OF THEM do many updates, every month, without any warning. Phone acting slow? I got to restart it and find ONEui is updating. Hell I have had over 6 phones BRICKED by updates. 

Triggered? GFY. User error? GFY. If you wanna talk about it more we can exchange information. would be glad to send you screentshots, videos, hours of answers from POS reps from Verizon. 

Keep simping for the corporations. GFY

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S

yes I fully agree its unacceptable making changes that you didn't ask for,my phone is a mess since I updated!

Boosted46
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Yeah, you're wrong. Updates happen on their own regardless of what you do. He has every reason to be triggered at this stupid change, as this was never the case