Original topic:

S20 Text Reply Order

(Topic created on: 07-19-2021 05:30 AM)
Gspart
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
When I send a text, I get tbe reply below tbe one I sent. Many times the received text appears above the sent text. How can I fix it so that all received msgs appear below the sent text?
8 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, please could you share the screenshots for better assistance?

0 Likes
Gspart
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I see this has been done (below) by another with this same issue.
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Please could you try to clear the Message app's cache.

Open Settings, then browse to and tap Apps.

Locate and then tap Messages.

Tap Storage.

Tap Clear cache.

0 Likes
Gspart
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Thx but no change.
0 Likes
eldarkhaired
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I have an S20 Ultra and same thing is happening to me also. If I text to somebody at 20:43 for example, his/her reply is coming at 20:42, in front of whatever I have write in that message. I observed that this is happening just for "android people" replying to me. Those with iPhones, theirs reply is in natural order, under my texts.
0 Likes
eldarkhaired
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I thought that this is happening just to me, that I might have done some settings wrong to the phone after last updates.
Look at the picture...on Thursday June 24th I have initiated the conversation at 06:01 and his reply came at 06:00 and then on Monday June 28th I have texted him at 20:43 and his reply came at 20:42
He is owning a Google Pixel 5 phone and like I said I don't have this problem from people with iPhones.Screenshot_20210717-062636_Messages.jpg
0 Likes
eldarkhaired
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
...and here is a conversation with an iPhone owner...all good, in natural order.

P.S. I know that in the text it might be some advertising to my SoundCloud, but hey, anything for helping technology issues...hahaScreenshot_20210717-073314_Messages.jpg
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Please could you try to clear the Message app's cache.

Open Settings, then browse to and tap Apps.

Locate and then tap Messages.

Tap Storage.

Tap Clear cache.

0 Likes