Original topic:

S20FE Ringtone through bluetooth headphones

(Topic created on: 06-01-2021 09:58 PM)
Shadow_Archon
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S

I've been having a problem with my phone whereby if I connect a pair of bluetooth headphones to the phone, I can't hear my ringtone through the headphones, I can only tell if I got a call by seeing the phone ring or feeling/hearing the vibration of the phone.

I've used the Sound Assistant App and thanks to it, I can hear notification sounds through the headphones (Using Advanced Settings and "Alerts through headphones"), but even though I select ringtones in this setting, I can't hear my ringtones at all through my headphones.  I've tried this with multiple headphones to ensure that it isn't an issue with the headset and the only time I'm able to hear a ringtone is if I turn off the "Bluetooth ringtone sync" feature.

Any help on how to fix this would be great b/c the only other alternative is to have the ringtone come through the phone speakers and this isn't ideal, especially in an office environment.

9 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

On my S20 Ultra with Jabra Elite Active 75t buds, there's no ringtone as such, instead I get a voice notification that x person is calling.

Maybe check your settings & see if your buds / phone have an option for voice notifications. 

Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, please perform the reset network settings on your phone.

Go to Settings> General Management> Reset> Reset Network Settings> Reset settings.

This will reset all network settings, including those for Wi-Fi, Mobile Data, Bluetooth.

Please write back to us if you are still facing the same error.

Shadow_Archon
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
Hi Georgine, thanks for the suggestion. I tried resetting the network settings and it didn't have an effect on the issue. As it stands, with phones ringer mode set to "sound" I can hear the tones as I type and notification sounds from text messages through my headphones, but no actual ringing when I revieve a call. Any additional help would be greatly appreciated
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I don't know if you're supposed to hear an actual ringtone through earbuds, I never have. Like I said, just the voice notification.

Maybe someone else can verify if they get a ringtone? 

Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, it is normal that you dont hear ringtone while you are connected to buds.

0 Likes
slroze
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have the same issue and have done the same as you by downloading the SoundAssistant App.  It was working before a Samsung update and ever since, I can't get the ringtone to rung through my Bluetooth headset. 

I thought it was my Airpods, but I switched to an Android Bluetooth device and it was the same. I did plug in a wired headset. The ringer did come through the headphones with the SoundAssistant Ringtone Setting on. 

So im assuming it has to do with the Ringtone feature itself. I want to keep my calls and notifications private work setting and not have my phone ringing or on vibrate either. I want it discrete coming though my Bluetooth device. 

0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, We request you to register an Error Report from the Samsung Members app by attaching the system logs.

Open the Samsung Members app>> Menu >> Support >> Send feedback >> Error Report >> Send system log file.

With these logs, our team could analyze the performance and errors on the device and if there is anything related to the Samsung update that you have installed recently, we would push a fix through an update.

0 Likes
SokHeng168
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have the same issues but now I've been fix it. It's  because of  Sound Assistant App (Using Advanced Settings and "Alerts through headphones") turn it off I can hear thought BT headset again. I am using Galaxy S10 5G OneUI 3.1 Android 11. 

0 Likes
Shadow_Archon
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
So just to confirm, you can hear your chosen ringtone play through your BT headphones, but not through the phone speakers? Or do you hear the ringtone through both?
0 Likes