Original topic:

S21 Camera focus issues

(Topic created on: 07-18-2021 08:51 PM)
bustervic
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Just wondering if any update in the past few months has fixed the Autofocus on the S21 for astrophotography or night shots. My phone isn't a Telus device as I bought direct from Samsung, but I am on the Telus network and am stuck with their update schedule.
Sometimes the phone focus fine in manual focus setting, but then the next picture will be blurry, it's inconsistent at best. And yes I'm using a tripod on secure ground with a timer. Most often half the image will be in focus. 

5 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, please try to reset the camera app by following the below steps:

Open the Camera app, and then tap Settings.

Swipe to and tap Reset settings and then tap Reset.

0 Likes
bustervic
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I've tried all that over and over. It doesn't fix it. I was last told by Samsung it would be fixed be a software update but that was 3 months ago. The issue still exists.
0 Likes
ThB7
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I have a S21 Ultra. My version of the photo app is : 11.0.03.8 (in the phot app, click on the Parameters wheel then go down in the menu and click on the last box (about the camera).
I also had focus issues when I bought my phone in late January 2021. I bought it directly from Samsung so, maybe I got an update earlier then you with your provider.
bustervic
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I've got the same version, I can replicate it regularly. I guess it's been harder for Samsung to figure this out on the regular S21.
0 Likes
bustervic
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Interesting, the last update as of yesterday updated my camera app to 11.0.03.19 so I'll have to test and see.
0 Likes