Original topic:

S21 contacts will not sync to my car

(Topic created on: 01-13-2022 07:34 AM)
Ashley_Santos
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

I recently upgraded from my S9+ to the S21.  My phone will pair  but my contacts have disappeared from my car.   It will allow my car to read text messages but will only display their phone number.  I cannot make any outgoing calls unless I manually enter a phone number.  My car is a 2017 Toyota Rav4 so it uses Toyota Entune, not Android Auto.

I have tried unpairing and deleting the phone from my car and reconnecting everything a million times.  It prompts me to allow access to contacts, phone history, call logs and contacts - I allow.  No contacts come over.  I tried manually moving contacts over but it gives me an error message that "it cannot be completed"

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
0 Likes
3 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Ashley_Santos, If you have a problem with Android Auto, please follow the steps below:

1. First, please check for any updates for Android Auto.

2. During the initial connection, the Android Auto setting can only be used when parked. This is a safety setting. After the initial connection, you can use Android Auto even while driving as well.

3. If the connection is not established when you are trying to connect to Android Auto via Bluetooth, please check the connection method of your car. It may be necessary to confirm the proper connection method with your car manufacturer.

4. Android Auto can be connected via USB cable as well. The USB cables approved by Samsung Support are compatible with USB authorized devices.

• Some USB cables may not be compatible with your car, despite being approved by Samsung. Please check the USB cable connection to be sure.

• We recommend using shorter USB cables (shorter than 1m), as the signal may be stronger versus a longer cable.
0 Likes
Ashley_Santos
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hi Valeriya,

It's not that I have a problem with Android Auto.  My car is a 2017 which had Toyota Entune technology, not Android Auto.  It does not have Android Auto capabilities.

My S9+ had no issues pairing to my car but my S21 doesn't transfer the contacts. 

Any other tips?

0 Likes
Reynaud
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Ashley_Santos, If your phone is up to date, there may be compatible issue with Toyota Entune Technology. We suggest you to contact Toyota regarding the issue.

0 Likes