Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

S22 USB-C to 3.5mm adaptor doesn't work

(Topic created on: 04-30-2023 09:25 PM)
August22
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

My S22 does not play audio through USB.  I am using the proprietary Samsung USB-C to 3.5mm adaptor.   The 3.5mm earbuds do work on other devices.  

I tried developer mode >disable auto USB routing.  Tried restarting phone.  No go.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Did / Do the headphones work on a different device? 

It's also possible that the USB Type C adapter, or the USB port may be the issue? 

You could try a different Adapter or headphones if you have any others? 

View solution in context

17 Comments
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we would like to inform you that as some USB Type -C earphones and USB Type -C jack adapters may not be compatible with your device and some features may not work properly.

Make sure they are compatible with the device before purchase.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

They said they are using Samsung's Type C USB to 3.5mm Adapter.

Don't see how you can get more "compatible", then using Samsung's own adapter.. 

"proprietary Samsung USB-C to 3.5mm adaptor."

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You could try opening Samsung Members app & Click on Support > Phone Diagnostics & run the Diagnostics for the USB Port & although I'm pretty sure that the Diagnostics for "wired headphones" is only for the 3.5mm jack, but you could try it as well..

See if you get any error messages when running the Diagnostics for the USB Port though. 

August22
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thanks RedDogRabbit, great tip. The USB diagnostic tool did not recognize the headphones. Neither did the Wired Headphones tool.
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Did / Do the headphones work on a different device? 

It's also possible that the USB Type C adapter, or the USB port may be the issue? 

You could try a different Adapter or headphones if you have any others? 

August22
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
The headphones work on other devices including my Galaxy Tab A aux jack. I have also tried other headphones with no success. The usb adaptor + headphones does not work on the Tab A either. I don't have another adaptor nor do I have USB headphones.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Did you get any error messages from the Diagnostics? 

You could always get some Bluetooth headphones or buds? I know that isn't really a solution to the current situation, but it is an alternative. 

August22
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
There was no error message from either of the diagnostic tests. I do have a set of Bluetooth buds, but I have a situation where wired buds would be better.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Well, you could Boot into Recovery & Wipe Cache, or Factory Reset, but I don't think that either would fix the issue. 

You could also visit a Samsung Service Centre to get it checked out by a tech. 

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/service-center/