Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

S22 USB-C to 3.5mm adaptor doesn't work

(Topic created on: 04-30-2023 09:25 PM)
August22
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

My S22 does not play audio through USB.  I am using the proprietary Samsung USB-C to 3.5mm adaptor.   The 3.5mm earbuds do work on other devices.  

I tried developer mode >disable auto USB routing.  Tried restarting phone.  No go.

Resolved!
17 Comments
August22
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thanks RedDogRabbit, you have been very helpful. I have resolved the issue - faulty Samsung USB-C Headset Adapter. I bought an Apple USB-C to headphone adaptor and now all my old earbuds and headphones work just fine. I also bought a pair of inexpensive wired USB-C earbuds (hard to find locally) for troubleshooting, and they also work perfectly.

Thanks again - you should be working Samsung Tech Support.
Shafeikal
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Was there any changes in setting? My usb-c converter doesn't work either. I am sure the headphone work. Do you recon it's the converter itself? 

0 Likes
August22
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
In my case it was a faulty usb-c to 3.5 mm adapter.
0 Likes
Adam38
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have read that there is a faulty batch of s22 models going around I have never had a problem with a Samsung phone until I got the s22. It started when I went to charge and the alarm went off saying humidity in charger.. I cleaned it out still did it used a different charger no problem. My phone was not in any different place I charge same place I have been indoors as on crutches. Then I got the jack to USB c adapter and it didn't work bought 2 pairs of type c headphones one pair Samsung both worked for a week then no sound at all. I rang my online provider they seid send it back and we will send u a brand new phone. I posted this on 21st April since then I have rung once or twice a week minumum call an hour I have had staff saying I owe 500 as I am upgrading which I am not I have had managers phoning I am telling them how I live alone and need a phone as I am on crutches so need to call in emergencies all the manager said was could he take the manager complaint off the system. The other day one guy was trying to do it as an upgrade so I would get a phone without spending money I told him they should give me an s23 to say sorry and that I can't understand how a big phone company can't send out a new phone. We are now coming up to 8 weeks no phone still and I'm worried if I get another faulty phone I will have to go through this all again. I just think it's a bit odd that on all the chat sites the Samsung s22 USB c port is coming up alot with people problems??????? 

Adam38
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

P.s I used the USB c charger and USB c headphones in other phones and they worked perfectly fine so the Samsung s22 type c is the BIG PROBLEM... 

0 Likes
Theo66
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

I've had the same longstanding issue with the s22 usb-c port whilst using wired headsets. Samsung is aware of the issues but unable to admit and rectify the problem. I've swapped the headsets on other devices and works perfectly but keep getting the same error message 

0 Likes
almalaci
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

My Galaxy S22 developed a similar problem overnight a couple of weeks ago: It stopped being able to fast charge and no sound would come out of the USB-C earphones. I tried a few different earphones, a USB-aux converter and did a factory reset, all with no result. I've taken it to a local phone repair shop where they tested it and eventually replaced the charging port that didn't help the audio. I work outside so I don't really want to use a wireless headset because of fearing of losing them, plus I really don't want to charge yet another device daily so I need the audio fixed. The phone is back at the shop for the audio IC to be replaced which (if it works) will cost upwards of £100. I've never had such bad luck with any of my phones before, it's being a real pain, Samsung!

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Not that it will make much difference for you, but this is Samsung Members Canada, not the UK. 

0 Likes