Original topic:

S7 Oreo Battery Life

(Topic created on: 06-13-2018 02:31 PM)
Nezcro
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Is it me or is the Oreo battery life worse than Nougat? Since I got Oreo I've noticed the battery goes down really fast. I disabled pre-installed apps I don't need. I currently have less apps than I had on Nougat. It is both on 1080p and 1440p. I also clean installed Oreo too. My S7 is not old and I bought it in December 2017. I looked in Device Maintenance and found that no app is using too much of the battery.
7 Comments
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
seems about the same to me
0 Likes
Robodonster64
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
it's the same here
0 Likes
AshleyB
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
my husband has the s7, he didn't notice any difference since update.
0 Likes
akoexmo
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
there is some old post here already , if you are lazy to look try to clean the cache , if its still the same result try to do the factory reset , make sure to back up your files
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @Nezcro and members, could you please perform the following?
1. Try to soft-reboot your device and see if the issue remains
2. Try to clear system cache and see if the issue remains
3. Try to completely drain battery and fully charge it. Then check if the issue remains.
If all three steps above does not resolve the battery issue, please contact your local Samsung Service Center (http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/servicelocation/) for physical inspection of your device. Thanks!

- Wonchul
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
not having any issue, in fact,I think there's better battery life while sleeping
0 Likes
Nezcro
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Thank you to everyone who replied. After using "Wipe cache partition" in recovery my battery is good and it seems to be lasting longer than Nougat. My performance also increased as UI feels smoother and faster!
0 Likes