Original topic:

S8 PLUS SOFTWARE UPDATES

(Topic created on: 01-28-2021 10:56 PM)
bennettr206
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Samsung! You need to make the ONE UI 2 update available for the Galaxy S8 Plus. I've had this phone since the day it came out and it's a great phone! I've had no issues with it other than a cracked screen by my own doing. I took it got it replaced and got a new battery while I was at it, did that in September of 2020. The phone has been running fine no issues The entire time I've owned it. But I do have one issue, and that is that the most recent update I can get is ONE UI 1 on ANDROID 9. And don't get me wrong it's a very nice software, very fluent and nice to use, but I would love to have ANDROID 10 with ONE UI 2. I feel that the S8 and S8 Plus are very capable of having this update and using it, considering that the s9 and s9 Plus are able to get it. I have seen multiple APK's to download it but they all require a custom ROM. I don't feel like doing that to my phone I want to keep it factory, and not have to download custom bootloaders and custom ROMS, just to get one version newer of software. So please Samsung I ask that you release ANDROID 10 and ONE UI 2 FOR THE GALAXY S8, S8 PLUS. 
0 Likes
1 Comment
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
as an S9+ owner I've have had one u.i 1.0 and the differences between version 1.0 to version 2.0 aren't significant. how ever version 2.1 and 2.5 are a different story. but version 1.0 to 2.0 mostly just a few menu interface changes and maybe a few animations changes mostly. so you are not missing out on much. I would say its better to have older software that runs buttery smooth and stable and still getting security patches. but yes it would be nice for samsung to support the older devices better.