Original topic:

Two words: Please, Samsung.

(Topic created on: 04-10-2024 05:13 PM)
jgg
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
The S23 Ultra has been out for more than 12 months. After OneUI 5.1.1, OneUi 6 and OneUI 6.1, one thing has never changed:the auto mode overexposing photos. 

This issue has been mostly addressed on the S24 Ultra with software updates. 

That means that it'sNOT a hardware issue that causes the S23 Ultra overexposure. It's a software fix that should have come to the S23 Ultra months ago. 

Obviously, even a Samsung (ex?)-fan would not buy a new device to fix a problem that is software-related. 

It's the opposite: knowing that the one-year-old S23 Ultra never received an improvement that Samsung was totally able to make is what convinced many fans tostop upgrading every year. 

Why? Because loyal customers need to be and feel respected.

And apart from begging Samsung to stop acting like Apple one last time, there is not much we can do. 

(Except keeping our money in our pocket.)

7 Comments
SgtStubby
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
I got to say I look back at some photos I took with my s23u when I first got it a year ago and some are very impressive. Not sure if the camera can still capture the same quality after all the updates.
I still miss my Note 10 plus. That camera made me happy
jgg
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I agree. I also took a look at the last year's photos, and the S23 Ultra did take very good shots. And I think it's because it can perform very well that it is disappointing to see Samsung not optimizing as it should.

Tweaking down a little bit the exposure is totally possible, and it would just make our shots better.
But now, after seeing so many comments saying the same thing, I think that it's impossible that Samsung doesn't know the issue. And with the s24 Ultra getting these small improvements people are asking for (and not the s23u), I can't help thinking that Samsung has stopped improving our phone on purpose.
Galaxy S
Totally agreed. The Note 10+ camera is the best. Although it cannot zoom 100x. But the colour and sharpness is the best (in my opinion).
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi jgg, we certainly understand your disappointment on this. We definitely communicate this to the concerned team and hopefully it will be fixed in the future updates.

Thank you.

0 Likes
jgg
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Hello Helena, thank you for your answer. Obviously, it's becoming increasingly difficult to remain optimistic when it comes to camera improvements with Samsung, especially now, with the s23 Ultra not being the newest model anymore.

Maybe it's not the majority of the customers who care that much about the camera, but people who do are often loyal Samsung users – who have a big influence on other customers. Just for that reason, I think that it would be wise for the company to show that it is 1) competent and 2) trustworthy in the camera department.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Nice pics tho
jgg
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Hey, thank you 😊! Very nice
0 Likes