Original topic:

Samsung email sending invalid calendar message when i respond to invitation

(Topic created on: 11-27-2019 05:40 PM)
bptoll123
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

I have office365 for email.  I am running on my S8+, currently running samsung email version 6.1.01.0.  Recently when i reply to a calendar meeting request, the response is being sent as an "Not supported calendar message.ics" attachment.  This results in me receiving an "undeliverable" message that says "The email system had a problem processing this message. It won't try to deliver this message again." and then it says "

Remote Server returned '550 5.6.0 M2MCVT.StorageError.Exception: ConversionFailedException - <unknown>, Content conversion internal failure.; storage error in content conversion.'

For contrast, if i reply to the same event on my outlook app on my computer, there are no problems with the reply.

This seems like a bug in the email software, but does anyone have any advice?

Thanks,

Brian

12 Comments
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
J'essaierais d'utiliser des applications Microsoft, peut-être Outlook.
0 Likes
BaknStrip
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have also noticed this issue since the recent update. The error seems to happen for me when accepting a calendar event sent from Office 365 to our Exchange server.  Office 365 to Office 365 does not give the kickback error, but there is still an attachment that is received that states "not supported calendar message.ics."

Tested with the Outlook email app without any issues.

0 Likes
LGrebe
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

I have the exact same issue. Is there any solution, except for using another mail client?

0 Likes
Samsung_oVm0kkF
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

+1  - having the same exact issue on my s9+.

0 Likes
ThomasLHM
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Same here. We are running an exchange server with Outlook and when accepting an invitation on Samsung Mail client the Outlook client receives a file "not supported calendar message.ics".

0 Likes
ThomasLHM
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

The problem seems to be fixed with the current beta version of Samsung Mail client (6.1.11.1).

0 Likes
banc
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

How do you get the beta version? I checked play store and galaxy store but there is no beta sign up option.

0 Likes
Kemputer
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I got 6.1.11.1 by searching Google for "Samsung Mail Client 6.1.11.1" 

I found it on APKMirror, which I trust because I've used it before to get older versions of Android apps when an app auto-updated and I didn't like the newer version (or, in some cases, the newer version introduced a bug).

I installed the latest 6.1.11.1 from that site by downloading the file, launching it in My Files, accepting the update to allow apk files to launch from My Files app, and it installed flawlessly.

If you're more comfortable reverting to a prior version, here are all the released versions of the Samsung Mail app in a list - I suspect reverting to 6.1.10.28 would also resolve your problem as that was the last one working before the defect was introduced.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/samsung-email/

It's not clear that 6.1.11.1 is actually beta, it appears to be a full release.  The Samsung Galaxy store may show/hide versions and updates depending on what hardware you're running, what carrier you have, all sorts of dimensions.  For my experience, 6.1.11.1 is working perfectly so I'm happy.

Hope this helps.
Cheers

0 Likes
SamSungASong
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Anyone hear of this being fixed? This is still an issue it seems!
0 Likes