Original topic:

Samsung S23 ultra doesn't support offline radio

(Topic created on: 03-07-2023 07:06 PM)
Ahmed_Nasr
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I used to use nextradio app to listen to local radio without having internet (just by plugin my wired headphone that works as antanna). 

But this feature doesn't work now on my new s23 ultra that I just bought with 2000$ cdn. Although my old phones frome 2000s have this feature. 

‎how to activate radio chip on my S23 ultra to use radio without internet ??

I contacted Samsung Canada customer service, and the guy told me that they don't support it anymore, and then I asked him to file a complaint, he told me to come here to samsung members and he hang up and didn't discuss any other options (was do rude actually) i hope if i can file a complaint against him too.

I am a customer with samsung since 2007 and now I feel like they start treating us badly as they don't care!

Any suggestions 🤔 

4 Comments
eshmh
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
No headphones jack = no FM antenna
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we are really sorry for the bad experience you had with our support. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you that, Samsung canada phones do not have the FM radio option.

However, we wil consider this as a feedback and value your time contacting us.

Thank you.

NinjaBonez
Beginner Level 1
Galaxy S

i bet you didnt. 😱😱

yall never listen to what we say.

we are saying -

We Want Our FM Radios Turned ON.

and it wasnt turned on with S24.

what a surprise....

and it Can Be turned on with firmware.

it DOES NOT need a 3.5mm headphone jack to work when you can use USB C headphones or USB C to 3.5mm adapter.

samsung used to be cool, and used to give customers what they wanted...

but not anymore.

beleive it or not, people still listen to FM RADIO.

its just like how my brand new car doesnt have an Aux Input either...  so i cant even listen to CDs in my car because KIA Connect wont recoginze any bluetooth device that isnt a smart phone.

all these people making decisions that affect Everybody, without anking Anybody.

and when we tell them that we dont like these changes.... NOBODY CARES.

they SAY they care, bause they have to be polite...

but they do not run it up the ladder to anybody who can or will say or do anything to change or fix it. EVER !!🙈🙊🙉

so just smile and nod...

🙃🤳

🍴💩🍴😝🤢

0 Likes
NinjaBonez
Beginner Level 1
Galaxy S

best thing to do is get an RTL-SDR.

NOOELECT makes these little SDR radios for like ham radio stuff, but they work for AM/FM radio just as well.

i use the NESDR NANO 3 with a tiny paperclip antenna. its all it needs.

then get some of the free SDR Radio apps from Google Play. they work great !!!

i like - play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.jajae.fmradio

SDR amazon link  a.co/d/6oQPsPA