Original topic:

Scheduled Restart Removed

(Topic created on: 01-28-2023 09:35 AM)
RAug
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Scheduled Restart seems to be gone. The automated Restart never seems to activate.

Cover image

0 Likes
6 Comments
Nylah
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we request you to write back to us with the detailed description of the issue to assist you better and also can you please provide us the model number of your device.

Thank you.

0 Likes
RAug
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Product name
Galaxy S20 5G
Model name
SM-G981W

Software update information
Current version: G981WVLS3GWA1/
G981WOYV3GWA1/
G981WVLS3GWA1
Security patch level: January 1, 2023

Prior to the latest update, Device Care had a setting to schedule regular restarts. I had my phone set to restart every morning at 7:45 am. During any downtime after this time, the phone would restart. I think this is helpful for battery life and device performance.

Since the latest update, the option to schedule regular restarts seems to be hidden. There is now a toggle to set automatic restarts, but it has been about 10 days and my phone has not automatically restarted yet. I don't think this supports optimal performance nor long device life.
0 Likes
samy2022
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
I have enabled it when i upgraded to android 13, and my phone rebooted once automatically SmartSelect_20230128_162811_Device care_1000003132_1674941291.jpg
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
It's under Device Care then Auto Optimization I believe
RAug
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Yes, but it doesn't work as regularly as the previous scheduled feature.
0 Likes
Marc1
Active Level 2
Galaxy S

Hello RAug. In effect. After checking, I realized that these two parameters have disappeared: days and hours....mysterious?

0 Likes