Original topic:

shared attachments

(Topic created on: 02-05-2023 07:48 AM)
Danialla
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

How can I delete shared attachments in Messages / SMS ? 

in my files, no Messages folder 

and when i long press on an image ( in the shared attachments in SMS )  the only option available is " save" 

it is very simple option samsung phones supposed to have 

7 Comments
Galaxy S

Interesting, I don't think I have ever used this option. Were you the original sharer of the attachment? Maybe only the person who shared it can delete it? Sorry, if you know that already and took it into account.

0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Optimize your phone under storage settings. It will prompt you to clean certain files. These will be there. You can also download files by Google which I have and it's great to clean all this junk.
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, if you long press the attatchment message, you should have the option to delete it.

From there you can select all the attatchments you want deleted, and hit Delete and it should be deleted!

Thank you.

0 Likes
KellW
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

This doesn't work on the Galaxy S10, Android v12. And these "shared attachments" from Samsung Messages are not accessible anywhere else. Seems like this should be a standard functionality. Can we get more support from Samsung on this?

AprilGal
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
This does not work. Only option is to save the attachments. Are you able to find a fix for this?
KellW
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Also have the same issue. Only option is to 'Save' "shared attachments" The long press option doesn't do anything. Additional feedback/ideas would be awesome!

Mookbuick
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Hi, I am new here, but I just noticed the same problem. I have a note 10+ and all of a sudden, "shared attachments" and can't find that file anywhere! This is why I avoid updates!