Original topic:

Transfer of files from internal memory to SD card

(Topic created on: 08-28-2018 01:09 PM)
Options
Galaxy S
I have some music files that are saved in the internal memory. I would like to know how and if there is an easy way to retrieve those files from the internal memory and save them on to my SD card. I have tried to do this myself, but am too nervous about possibly deleting the files.
0 Likes
4 Comments
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
if you go into your samsung folder.... my files.... Internal storage .... locate the folder/file or files you want to move then touch 3 dots top right.. the edit mark then ones you want to move then touch 3 dots again and touch move .....
It will give you the option to move to st card of samsung cloud or Google drive...

It is that easy
0 Likes
Galaxy S
It should be fairly straightforward - If you're uncertain - You can just copy the files to the external sd card (make a new Folder on the external sd card first) and then just select the ones you want & copy them - You will probably need to Grant permission to paste them onto the external sd - I use Root Explorer Pro - but you should be fine using Samsung's file manager - Once you have selected the Music Player - ie: Samsung Music - PowerAmp etc - Go into the Settings of the Player & Get it to look for the Music files you copied on the External sd card - Once you're satisfied that it's working for you - You can go ahead & delete the files from the internal storage (or copy to your computer if you wish) 🐧
0 Likes
Galaxy S
You can do it with the step above using "My Files"
Or you can do it from your computer via USB C cable.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
@Echo, @ShaggyskunkS9P, SnowCat19, Thank you so much for your assistance. I got all my music files transferred from the internal memory to the SD card. Greatly appreciate your assistance. Thank you again!!!
0 Likes