Original topic:

Trusted location doesn't work.

(Topic created on: 04-22-2018 08:04 AM)
Brandezi84
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Since downloading the new oreo update my trusted location setting hasn't worked. I'll update my location daily so it knows where to unlock and I'll have up to 10 locations near my house and it still asks me for my biometrics or code to unlock. It's becoming frustrating. Please help!
14 Comments
Galaxy S
It's working fine for me on my S8+ Oreo 8.0 - You have Trusted places turned on? Location is enabled? 29965e44-6b50-444a-aa7b-22e8b75e80ad.jpg
0 Likes
Brandezi84
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I have turned it on and off and also toggled my location service off/on and restarted the device numerous times. It works sometimes but then it seems like it sends my location elsewhere or forgets my saved locations.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I wonder if having up to 10 locations is an issue? Why not try to have Smart Lock keep the phone unlocked while it's on you?
0 Likes
Server
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
recalibrated your GPS via maps or third party
0 Likes
Brandezi84
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
just tried it again and had no luck.
0 Likes
Brandezi84
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
the map says it's in the right spot. it just doesn't work.
0 Likes
Server
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
disable the service for Trusted location
clear your system cache in recovery
then retry
0 Likes
Brandezi84
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
how exactly do I do that?
0 Likes
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
same issue here on my Note 8 but hasn't worked reliably since about early February so before oreo. Really annoying and makes this once nice feature useless.

I've tried many suggestions and none worked. trusted places seems to work rarely when it chooses. even on a fresh setup of the phone and it wasn't working.
0 Likes