Original topic:

Why does Samsung shows ads in its native weather app?

(Topic created on: 05-06-2021 08:36 AM)
endtone
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Since a few months ago, I noticed Samsung started to show  large banner ads in its native weather app in my Galaxy s10. 
Why is that ok? 
This is not a 100$ phone that I bought in the grocery store. 
This is a flagship phone that I paid over 1000$, that I use for my business. Monetizing your premium customers with ads is low key insulting and provides poor experience.

Also, when I purchased this device in October 2019 there were no ads in it. What happened?

If you chose to go this way of doing business, you should at least provide a way to opt out of the ads in the settings.

Thanks

7 Comments
Six59
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I found the same issue on my S9. The system weather app was fine and then one morning an ad banner displayed almost 1/3rd of the display. After contacting Samsung Members for a reason why this was showing and how to remove it. The how-to method didn't exist. I just got the S21 yesterday and hope there won't be any ads showing in the weather display. Thanks
canucks4life
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yup there will be ;)

Screenshot_20210506-120125_Weather_1553.jpg

canucks4life
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
There is also something about donating to charity while charging no idea what that is about.
h0h0h0
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Try the weather can app it's free and no ads
0 Likes
endtone
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
I know alternatives exist, However I think it's reasonable to expect an ad free experience in the default non removable Samsung apps.
0 Likes
Six59
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Right?!!
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Samsung is bombarding us with ads because they only care about revenu $$ and not about user experience.
0 Likes