Original topic:

Fold 5 S Pen Case is Fundamentally Flawed

(Topic created on: 08-03-2023 06:35 PM)
nickthaskater
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Z
The new slim Fold 5 S Pen case has a major design flaw that never should have made it to production.

Video example shared by another user on Reddit: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/JDV-ThMwy50

When holding the phone with the Pen facing the ground (i.e., so gravity is pulling it straight down), the Pen sags in the case (there's too much Z height in the Pen slot). This allows the edges of the Pen to protrude just enough that, when holding the Fold in my right hand where my fingers brush over the Pen, the Pen rotates in the slot and if rotated 90 degrees it will literally fall out of the slot without pressing the eject button (the Pen is wider in one dimension than the other).

I experienced this literally within the first 2 minutes of using the case - the S Pen fell out onto my desk. It's a cheap feeling experience and completely negates the eject mechanism. I shared this on Reddit and there are many other users who have also experienced this issue - it is not a one-off.

This likely could have been avoided if the Pen were square rather than rectangular (i.e., if all four sides were the same size). 

Nobody should buy this case and Samsung should recall them and put out a revised design. 

53 Comments
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Z
No issues with my case. I'd either contact Samsung or go to a Samsung store directly to explain the situation and exchange the case.
0 Likes
nickthaskater
Active Level 6
Galaxy Z
Seems many have the same issue. Here's a video of the issue shared by another user: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/JDV-ThMwy50
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Z
Ummm yeah ok... another user you say but it's the same exact video as the one in your post 😑

Anyway, like I said. I don't have an issue.

But if others do and if you do, I'd contact Samsung about it. There are probably a few cases of defects.
0 Likes
nickthaskater
Active Level 6
Galaxy Z
It's not my video. I edited the OP to include it after that user shared it on Reddit. I then replied to you to illustrate the issue since the video wasn't in the OP when you commented.
0 Likes
MirzaYT
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Same bro and I thought I am the only one with that issue.
EJ_Vox
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Z

Same issue here. My pen sometimes just falls out by it self while it is in my pocket.

danielkujawa
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

same thing here....... cmon! Samsung anyone got anywhere with this issue with Samsung support?

MirzaYT
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Bro I called them and they said they will refund the money for the case and will send me the FedEx label to send the case back but upon asking why this is happening they have no answer that's sad.
Gawrey
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Z
Same issue here. S pen keeps falling out :(