Original topic:

May 1st 2023 Security Patch causing issues

(Topic created on: 05-18-2023 03:54 PM)
BadSquishy
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Z
I updated to the may 1st security patpatch today im Canada and now my device randomly reboots. 

I've attempted the fix in the post below but it doesn't resolve the issue, and it's closed so no additional comments can be made. 

Samsung deleted my previous post because "Hello, Thank you for posting within the community! We have removed your post, as we have a similar thread that already has an accepted solution. You can find that thread here:"

It almost feels like they are trying to keep the complaints to a minimum. 

Anyone else having issues today? 

Note: I've been running Android 13 with no issues for months. 
4 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

It seems like you were posting on Samsung Members US? 

Wiping Cache normally can clear up some minor issues. 

You could always try Booting into Safe Mode & let your device run for a similar amount of time where you would normally see a random Reboot. 

Safe Mode disables 3rd party apps, so you could determine if it's a 3rd party app causing the issue? 

If it was just the May Security Patch Update, I can't really see it causing any issues on it's own.

You could always open Samsung Members app & Click on Support, Scroll down to Feedback & send an error report to Samsung.

Or, you could backup your device with Smart Switch & Factory Reset. 

BadSquishy
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
You're right, I didn't realize i was on the us site...and it never prompts you either.

There was more than just a security patch, it's weird I haven't had any issues all thus time and I've been removing apps I don't use.
nirus
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Z

I can confirm I have the same issue. I am in Europe though. The issue most definitely has to do with the patch.

0 Likes
BadSquishy
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
So I managed to narrow down the app causing the issue. Google Messages would cause the problem every time I closed it from the task manager or tried to switch to in the task manager. I cleared the cache for the app in settings and the issue is resolved.
0 Likes