Original topic:

Wifi doesn't turn on

(Topic created on: 03-18-2024 01:12 PM)
rodriguez
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Z
Hello I need help I have the z fold 3 since yesterday the wifi turned off without notice and it doesn't want to turn on I've done many things to fix it but it doesn't want to turn back on please help
20 Comments
Helenna
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi, please Restart your Z Fold 3. Sometimes, a simple reboot can resolve the issue. Then, check if the wifi is working.

Please check Your Router: Sometimes, the problem might not be with the phone but with the router. Try restarting your router and see if your phone can detect the WiFi network.

Also, we recommend you to update your device to the latest software version.

Thank you.

0 Likes
rodriguez
Active Level 2
Galaxy Z
Hello, I've done the restart of my phone and network reset as well nothing seems to be working it's not a router issue the phone it self doesn't light up the wifi to turn it on
0 Likes
Al-001
Active Level 7
Galaxy Z
Did you run the self diagnostic app to check on the wifi? It could be help to determine wifi HW.
0 Likes
rodriguez
Active Level 2
Galaxy Z
Yes but I kept asking to turn on the wifi which is impossible...
0 Likes
Al-001
Active Level 7
Galaxy Z
Does the self diagnostic app report any issue about wifi?
0 Likes
rodriguez
Active Level 2
Galaxy Z
The self diagnostic app did not fix my issue because the wifi doesn't turn on
0 Likes
Al-001
Active Level 7
Galaxy Z
The self diagnostic app will not fix your wifi issue but will report the issue of what being detected. Does the app report any issue related to wifi?
0 Likes
rodriguez
Active Level 2
Galaxy Z
You're right but the problem is that this app can't check because the wifi won't turn on for this reason the app asks me to turn on the wifi in order to check if everything is correct. I would have liked an app that could do the diagnosis without having to activate it, it's a shame because there's nothing I can do...
0 Likes
Al-001
Active Level 7
Galaxy Z
Ok. I think it could be the build-in chip broken due to you having reset the wifi network and power phone off/on already. Normally, any temporary issue of HW and SW can be fixed by uninstalling/reinstalling the wifi driver/app and WiFi's FW during wifi network reset or power off/on.