Original topic:

Galaxy Pro 360 Goes to lock screen after 1 minute idle

(Topic created on: 01-19-2023 12:12 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Monitor

This issue has been absolutely the most annoying thing I've ever had to deal with. No matter what settings select in the power settings, after 1 minute of inactivity my laptop screen goes black and boots to the log in screen. The fingerprint sensor also does not work anymore, I can't even edit the option to enable it. I have tried every solution listed online. Clean install, safe mode application disabling, custom power mode settings using reg edit, and no matter what I do, after 1 minute of inactivity, the screen goes black and makes me log in again. Yes I have everything set to "never", I've done literally everything, but the issue still persists. What a horrible waste of $2,000 plus dollars, if this issue isn't resolved I'm throwing this thing in a bonfire.

0 Likes
3 Comments
Nylah
Options
Monitor

Hi, we appreciate your efforts in performing the necessary troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue.

As you have tried everything but the issue is still there, we suggest you to perform back up and  reset by following the steps in the given link.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/computing/samsung-laptop-recover-or-restore-or-reset/

0 Likes
lds914
Beginner Level 2
Monitor

My laptop does the same thing and it is driving me crazy as well.  It has done this since Day 1, so I am frustrated that the only options are to do a factory reset or send it in for repairs. :(

0 Likes
mdoose
Beginner Level 2
Monitor

Try this:

Change Display lock/timeout to 15-min, 900 is the number of seconds
o    powercfg.exe /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_VIDEO VIDEOCONLOCK 900
o    powercfg.exe /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_VIDEO VIDEOIDLE 900

o    powercfg.exe /SETDCVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_VIDEO VIDEOCONLOCK 900
o    powercfg.exe /SETDCVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_VIDEO VIDEOIDLE 900

0 Likes