Original topic:

AND... The onslaught of One UI complaints roll in πŸ™„

(Topic created on: 04-04-2019 08:40 AM)
Shaggyskunk1BLM
Expert Level 5
Options
Others
It's the same thing every single OS update.
People forget that they were complaining about Oreo when it first came out & Nougat before that & so on & on & on...... 

Those who were crying about wanting One UI & Now too familiar with Oreo - to learn about the improvements in the new OS.
🀨
19 Comments
Others
I choose" Deal with it" instead of complain. I like to stay positive thou. πŸ˜‰
shadman
Active Level 1
Others
I like it...just wondering if it was possible to downsize the icons..but ya its exciting all the new features
0 Likes
Others
I'm using Nova Launcher with an Icon package & and the Icons for me are the same size as on Oreo - I'm not sure about Samsung's Launcher...
Others

Are you referring to the icon size? If yes, try this and see if it helps.

To make the icons smaller, you would need to change the grid size, the more rows you have, the icons will be a little smaller.

Example: If you set the home screen grid to 5x6 the icons will be smaller that if the grip is set to 4x5

To change grid size: Press and hold on the homescreen, them click on Home screen settings > Home screen grid > then selct your preferred grid size

VSunrider
Active Level 1
Others
I generally like it, too, but I'd like to have the clock back on the right side, as well as that dark mode would work with themes. And that it doesn't limit my background apps (I've tried or already had all suggested settings). Other than that, seems okay 😁
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Others
YAY! Pie OS finally hits on the Note 8... but wait, some users are just too lazy to make backups or willing to factory reset the device. It's Samsung's fault not their own for not willing to deal with it if something changes or goes wrong... much less learn about the enhancements/improvements.

Seriously, this is a vicious cycle. I understand some want simple things where they can just install over and leave things alone. But in doing that, can we really progress? Also let's not forget we're all imperfect and in so saying we can never come up with a perfect system.

Also people forget major revision updates are not minor updates. They do change things that might mess up with old files (being incompatible/conflicting or broken). Why it may be necessary to do a factory reset.

Oh well, can't install and play with it yet. might have to wait until the weekend or when I find the time (doing prep for pre and post install). should be fun! LOL
Others
Yup - I performed a Factory Reset before & after applying the One UI update & no issues (other than Samsung blocking Substratum on the S8 series & Note8) 😑🐧
Others
Happy with my S9+ though πŸ™‚
Parmjot
Beginner Level 3
Others
help! help!
1. Unable to enable hotspot of my Note 8 after Android Pie update.
2. Phone temprature rise when i put it on charging. its abnormal behaviour.
plz help me to fix these problems...
0 Likes