Original topic:

Android 12 on the A32 5G

(Topic created on: 05-18-2022 04:46 PM)
AceofDiamonds
Active Level 2
Options
Others
Hi everyone,

I own an A32 5G on Canada and I was just wondering what is the estimated time of arrival for android 12 on my device. I've heard that it has started to roll out on the A32 5G in other countries but I haven't received yet, has anyone else?
0 Likes
19 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

Yeah Rogers OS Update Schedule only shows the Update to One UI V4.x

Sorry, I should have asked you to check (also in about phone > software information), the One UI Version.

You can manually check by going to Settings > Software Update & see if there's an update available for your device. 

18 May 2022 154728 GMT-0400.jpg

18 May 2022 155145 GMT-0400.jpg

0 Likes
AceofDiamonds
Active Level 2
Others
I have tried to manually check for updates but everything it shows my the message in the second screenshot I sent. By the way my One UI version us 3.1.Screenshot_20220518-162715_Settings_4992_1652905635.jpgScreenshot_20220518-154613_Software update_4990_1652903173.jpg
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

If you have a computer, install Samsung's Smart Switch on it & Connect your phone, Open Smart Switch & see if you can get the update through Smart Switch.

You haven't modified your phone's operating system, ie: Attempted Root etc? 

AceofDiamonds
Active Level 2
Others
Would this void the warranty or something and could this lead to any unwanted affect. Also I have tried to root my phone or anything of that sort.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

Just to confirm, you mean that you have NOT tried to Root your phone? 

Nothing that I have suggested would cause you to lose your warranty!

Nothing that I have suggested would break anything, or cause any unwanted effect.

It MIGHT allow your device to receive the One UI V4.x update, at least that's the intention. 

0 Likes
AceofDiamonds
Active Level 2
Others
Yeah I understand your just trying to help. Yeah I haven't tried to root my phone at all.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

Try Clearing Cache & Data for "Software Update". 

Go to Settings > Apps & Click on "Show System Apps", middle right.

Search for "Software Update". There should be 2 system apps with the same name. Click on each of these one at a time & click on  "Storage" to clear cache & data for both. Reboot & try to check for Updates again. 

0 Likes
AceofDiamonds
Active Level 2
Others
Is there a way to do it without rebooting the phone, I have lot of settings and apps that I could lose in the reboot
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

Rebooting will not remove / delete any of your data / settings etc.

Booting into Recovery & Wiping Cache would NOT cause you to lose your data / settings either. 

Nothing that I have suggested would!

If you were to Factory Reset, then yes that would return your device to the condition it was when you first received it, BUT if you backup your device with Smart Switch first, then you shouldn't lose anything. 

I Factory Reset after EVERY Android Version update, and I have never lost any of my data. 

I have NOT suggested that you Factory Reset though. 

AceofDiamonds
Active Level 2
Others
Okay well thanks for the info, I will wait on taking any measures incase I just receive the update late but if I don't get it by June I will be sure to try toy suggestion. Thanks!