Original topic:

Broiler comes on during Baking - Samsung Range NE58F9710WS/AC

(Topic created on: 12-28-2021 10:42 AM)
Pistoly
Beginner Level 2
Options
Others

Samsung Range NE58F9710WS/AC

Recently, while doing some baking for Christmas we noticed that the broiler element came on during the bake cycle and was red hot causing a small fire which was quickly put out but there was smoke everywhere inside the house. 

I went to the U.S.  forum and noticed that I am the fourth person in the past week that has complained about this very same issue.  These are the people who have taken the time to search on the web and then actually make a report.  It makes me wonder how many other people this is happening too that have not bothered to make a report. 

Every report has been responded to by a Moderator who requests the user to send a Private Message which is great but there is no follow up for us to read what the solution to the problem is??

I would like to know and I am sure others with this problem would like to know if this is a known problem with a particular "part" that is faulty or if there is a simple fix??

I was directed by the US Samsung moderator to visit this Canadian site for assistance but I see most people posting about oven problems are told to call Samsung Technical department.

I was just wondering if anyone reading this have had the same problem and then had it fixed, can you please advise what the solution was?  Faulty part that needed replacing? 

This is obviously a known problem or issue within the Samsung community as there have been so many people reporting the same issue across other models of Samsung ovens regardless if they are US or Canadian models.

Please help,

Thank you,

43 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Others

Hi Pistoly, Could you share the pictures of the unit as well as the bill of sale through a direct message? 

(Link: https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/community/ct-p/ca-community ) and click on the Message icon at the top right(Samsung Members) >> Inbox >> Reply to the DM(Direct Message).

0 Likes
Deb-lar12
Beginner Level 2
Others

It is 2023 and this same thing happened to my Samsung range.  I am upset because reading comments this is an ongoing safety issue and was not recalled or notified of issue.  I called and they said basically sorry out of warranty!  Why is other companies made to recall kids toys, food, cars etc if Samsung does not have to be responsible for selling ranges that they Know has a safety issue?  The best they will do is send out a tech I pay for and they might pay for parts.  Who would have been responsible for the fire in my home if I would not have caught the broiler on when I did?  Will never buy another Samsung again!!!! 

0 Likes
KP777
Beginner Level 3
Others
It's January 2023 and the same issue just happened with our range. I'm looking at the other comments and I'm amazed that this has been going on so long. I am seriously considering talking to my friend in the media as this is a blatant safety issue that is being ignored.20230123_172741_1000001166_1674512863.jpg
0 Likes
JoeAlexander
Beginner Level 3
Others

I have had this same problem. Several times. The broiler kicks in for no reason and starts fires. 

0 Likes
HFlournoy
Beginner Level 2
Others

It’s November 2023 and ours is doing the same thing. In fact it looks like it’s melting the wires to the stove. This has to be a recall or a class action by now. 

0 Likes
Wall69
Beginner Level 2
Others

Same thing happened to my Samsung range.  Surely there has to be a recall

0 Likes
andreawinders
Beginner Level 2
Others

The same thing is happening with my Samsung oven

0 Likes
Tsaylor1
Beginner Level 2
Others

mine turns the broiler on automagically even when choosing to bake only. Mine is a flex duo and it does this on the top part only. Installed last night and use it this morning only to have our food burnt. 

0 Likes
mnewell
Beginner Level 2
Others

We are having the same problem, model # NE58K9560WS/AA, we had an incident a few weeks ago where food burned badly and very quickly after being put in the oven, I thought my husband had used the wrong setting. A few days later I had the oven on 250 and was blasted in the face by high temps when I opened the oven.  I bought an oven thermometer to check the heat level, I stopped checking when the internal temp was 300 degrees higher than the temperature reading or setting the oven was on.  I tried to trouble shoot the issue, re-calibrated the oven per user manual (lowering temp -35). Yesterday I tried to use the dehydrate feature at 100 degrees F, baking sheets in 3rd and 4th positions. I stepped out into the garage for less than 5 minutes and walked back into a smoke filled kitchen, puree and parchment paper burned to a crisp, the oven temp on the control readout read 100, the thermometer was showing over 350 ( and still climbing) and the broiler was on which does not make sense for convection dehydration .  I have no idea what the actual temperature was inside the oven as the thermometer was shielded by the upper baking sheet but it was hot enough inside that by the time I rushed the first sheet of burning paper and puree outside the second sheet on the lower rack had burned black as well.

I turned off the power last night to see if I can reset the oven, however, even if this works I do not trust this oven right now. This is a fire hazard.

I need to know what the issue is so I  can point the serviceman in the right direction.  Has anyone been able to resolve this issue?

Thank you.

0 Likes