Original topic:

smart view tab s7 plus , s20 fe not working anymore

(Topic created on: 03-12-2021 07:03 AM)
Ralphpjb
Active Level 3
Options
Others
Since an update on my tab s7 plus and my s20 fe, the smart view both device are not finding my TV anymore who's connect with Google Chromecast, but my S9 plus smart view works no problem.  Is there anything I can do to solve the issue. 
0 Likes
5 Comments
Others
Hi Ralphpjb,

Here is the previous posts:

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-note/bring-back-smart-view-casting-to-chromecast/td-p/942...

Samsung said is Andfoid 11 privacy policy block the Smartview connection. But some members said Samsung remove the feature. So, you have to use Google Home app for streaming video instead. Until Samsung or Google fix the problem.
Ralphpjb
Active Level 3
Others
thank you for the info! 👍🏿
0 Likes
Others
You are welcome.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Others

Thanks Tallman.

Hi Ralphpjb, As mentioned by Tallman, the Chromecast connection using Smart View is not supported anymore on Android 11(R OS). But if you download and use 3rd party app supporting Chromecast such as Google Home, you could continuously use Chromecast for streaming contents from your smartphone installed Android 11 onto an external screen, TV or monitor.

Shomoy
Beginner Level 3
Others
sorry, correct me if I misunderstood. so regardless how the casting/streaming screen/content feature is called, in case of Samsung called SmartView, the technology works with 3rd party apps (Google and others) although they are also running on Samsung device updated to Android 11, it doesnt sound like compatibility issue, sounds more like Samsung decided to drop the feature? no problem, does Samsung plan to remove this USELESS SmartView button from Media and Quick Dropdown section?? or, is Samsung planning to support, bring back the feature with next update, therefore kept it as souvenir?
0 Likes