Original topic:

Sort order of forum posts

(Topic created on: 04-29-2024 12:42 PM)
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Options
Others
I have selected to view "most recent" when viewing a forum. However, if someone comments on an older thread that thread doesn't show near the top. I have to scroll down and view every thread to check if there are any new comments. 

How do I set the display order of threads so that the ones with the most recent comments are shown first instead of having the sorting based on when the thread was created? 

Thank you in advance for any help.
0 Likes
5 Comments
Helenna
Options
Others

Hi RobertZ, the default view is ‘Category|All’ and ‘Recents|All’ – which gives you a reverse chronological order feed view of all posts. But there are options that change how Community can appear to you, and allow you.

On the Community Main page click into Sort by or Recents|All on the right-hand side and you get various sorting options: 

There, you can change the range of the posts it displays.

0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 2
Others
I do the same as @RedDogRabbit on computer version but also get notified on phone app by going to settings in Samsung members, notifications, notification categories and enable what you want to get notified about1714425232742.jpg
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Others
I already have those settings and, like I said, the sort order is by most recent thread and not by the thread that has the most recent comment. The other options don't help.

If you go onto any web forum, the thread listing is ordered by the latest (most recent) comment, not the latest created thread. That way you can just read threads from top down until you reach one that has no new comments since the last time you viewed the specific forum.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

I usually use Samsung Members website, and it will give you a notification on your posts, or posts you've commented on. 

Screenshot_20240429_162427.jpg

RobertZ
Active Level 9
Others
Yes, but it doesn't notify you of any new comments in a thread you haven't posted/commented on.
0 Likes