Original topic:

Suggestion for one ui 6

(Topic created on: 09-21-2023 10:59 PM)
BYN0110
Active Level 4
Options
Others
1. Two finger swipe on homebar to activate multiwindow should also work on landscape mode too.
2. Notifications arrangement by its date.
3. Paint bucket can be added in samsung notes.
4. Running Timer notification/running background notifications should stayon top, cuz the running timer notification always can be found at the very bottom of notifications.
5. Edge panel should have even in landscape mode.

4 Comments
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Others
1. Unless you have a fold, it makes no sense. On a traditional phone, when in landscape, you can swipe with 2 fingers on the sides for multiwindow as the aspect ratio would make more sense. Swiping from the bottom would just give 2 extremely thin bars that would technically be unusable.

3. Most likely just something that needs to be updated within the app. Don't think One UI 6 is needed if Samsung really wanted to add that feature.

4. You can go into the clock settings and enable the mini timer. It'll show the timer as a pop up window on your screen if that can help.

5. Most likely like number 1. It probably won't fit the screen's real estate in landscape mode.
0 Likes
BYN0110
Active Level 4
Others
1. What I mean, is when u force a landscape game into multiwindow, the game would shrink into square from being rectangle. It is somehow usable for me tho, cuz there are times playing rank game like, mobile legends, pubgM, CODM and more.. there are waiting time for them before you find matches, and there will be also waiting time for the matches to start.
I just want to do splitscreen, while waiting for those waiting times. Yk wat I mean? Example you play pubgm, u started to find match and it will take time cuz after finding a match it will also take time for the match to start. I just wanna do somethingelse in split screen while waiting for things like those. I can't just jump from game to youtube, you would lose track and u may even forget that u have been afk for 1min. You know what I mean? And it is somehow also usable if you just wanna claim rewards or do something really quick on lanscape mode games while doing someghingelse on the splitscreen. Even tho they shrink into unusual looks u are still able to click and claime some rewards. I do it sometime. But having that 2 finger swipe on landscape mode will make things so much easier.

2. What I mean notifications arrangement is the one the oneui doesn't do. Their notifications arrangement are messed up. Some older once are on top, you may even find newer notifications are in mid or bottom.
Especially snapchat, for no reason even old snapchat notifications they just stay on top even new notifications are at the bottom of them, it just doesn't make sense why they stay on top.

3. But still. One ui still hold their samsung note app. It is still part of their ui.

4. I have eneble that mini timer. But sometimes i just removed it from my screen cuz it gets on the way. But it is just wierd that a running timer notification is just have to be at the bottom? If I removed it from popup window, how will I see that running timer again? From the very bottom of the notification page?
You know what I mean? Every smartphone brand knows that every running app notifications should stay at top like the timer.

5. They could manage to make it into landscape mode edge panel.
Instead of long panel, they can make it thicker and scrollable.
0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Others
1. Yes, splitscreen into the square shape. You can do that by 2 finger swipe from the sides when in landscape. If you are in landscape and you want to do a 2 finger swipe from the bottom, it'll give you a super thin horizontal rectangle bar which makes everything useless. So in portrait mode, it works from the bottom. In landscape mode, it works from the sides.
0 Likes
BYN0110
Active Level 4
Others
Actually I have set mine in onehand operations to be able to open splitscreen even in landscape mode by just swiping straight at the very bottom both sides edge of the screen.
It will turn into portrait splitscreen mode, and the landscape app from earlier will be on top part of the screen and square. And the bottom one will be apps you will choose to use the splitscreen with.
That's how my landscape splitscreen works. But i want 2 finger swipe instead of doing it with onehand operation.
Cuz u really cant unlock splitscreen mode while u are on landscape very quick unless u set it up from onehand operation like I did.
0 Likes