Original topic:

why are americans allowed this and not canada?

(Topic created on: 06-20-2017 01:58 AM)
timk204
Active Level 4
Options
Others
i came across an artical stating samsung offered 0% financing on alot of their products. as a true consumer. and a huge fan for samsung mobile devices. i took a look. i found out that this is only in america.. which highly dissappointed me. and to later find out. that they are selling the exact same (samsung galaxy S8 64GB) usd $624.99 With optional financing of 0% for 24/mons @ $26.04/a month. but it gets better. on the canadian side if you want the same phone its $1,035 up front no financing nothing. thats almost a $400 hike up. yes i understand there is currency differents but still c'mon samsung. what makes the u.s. so special to have financing. at that rate or even at all. 3305b5c6-6a36-47d5-9698-479d9982011f.jpg
263554db-0d9d-4c30-aa65-b6b93a255eca.jpg
0 Likes
11 Comments
timk204
Active Level 4
Others
even with the dollar $625USD is only $826CAD
0 Likes
Others
The US are in tough times...i mean look at their president. I feel bad for them let them save a few bucks on a new phone! Samsung Cares for the people! I like it!!
LazyGhost
Active Level 7
Others
Best reply EVER!
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Others
Hey @timk204, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us! As always, we try to price and sell our products in a way that we feel like is most suited to a particular region (eg. certain model colours are only available in select regions, etc). However, I will pass your feedback up and perhaps we can offer something similar for our Canadian users in the future.

-Nick
0 Likes
Shawn1
Active Level 3
Others
well dont forget about tax...the original USD price is $724.99 which is about $965 CAD and when you do 965 times 1.13 (where i live in canada,there is %13 tax) that equals to about $1090 CAD and then you gotta worry about shipping so yeah but....i agree with you that its not fair that there is no financing in canada but yeah.
0 Likes
LazyGhost
Active Level 7
Others
I got mine when it first came out. Got $250 for my Note 5, zero money down and only paying $550 on a 2 year contract. You missed out on golden opportunities here in Canada...Nobody's fault 😉
0 Likes
timk204
Active Level 4
Others
not really. i paid $220 for my note 5 on a two year.
0 Likes
LazyGhost
Active Level 7
Others
Ya...a much older device versus my S8+. As I was pointing out, I have quite a comparable offer I took as that listed in the US advertisement. Even better deals now too...you know since the Note 8 is coming out...which I will buy first day of release. Pay to play as they say.
0 Likes
timk204
Active Level 4
Others
when i bought my note it was only out for a few months old. every where wanted like $700 or more but since i resigned my contract with my same carrier they dropped it to $220. and yes i will be buying the note 8 once it comes out. my first note was the note 3 then i got the 5. an i do plan to stick with it. untill samsung discontinues it. but i highly doubt that will be any time soon.
0 Likes