Original topic:

Changing Samsung Keyboard to third party app on DeX

(Topic created on: 08-26-2022 11:06 AM)
Nozome
Beginner Level 3
Options
Samsung DeX

Hello. I have been a big fan of Samsung DeX since Galaxy S8.

I really love DeX experience, but I cannot recommend it to my family and friends because I have to use Samsung Keyboard on DeX.

Honestly speaking, Samsung Keyboard as Japanese input method is not that good on DeX. As DeX offers desktop environment, I expect desktop class quality for input method app. I am eager to use Gboard instead, which is fairly good on DeX.

In fact, I use Tasker app to use Gboard on DeX as a workaround solution. This method requires some knowledge about adb and setting of permissions, thus this method is not for everyone.

My humble request for Samsung team is to let users choose input method on DeX. Thanks.

8 Comments
Axton
Options
Samsung DeX

Hi Soh, thank you for taking your valuable time to give us valuable suggestions.

Please be assured that Samsung always strives to provide the best user experience on the device, we would like to inform you that it will be considered as a valuable feedback and value your time contacting us.
We certainly bring it to our developer team for further review.
Hopefully, the features that you're expecting might be added in a future update.

Members_FwRFWeU
Beginner Level 4
Samsung DeX

Is been a year.  When can we expect an update?  

Or instead. Please reinstate the Keyboard Sync across devices.

0 Likes
kittzs
Active Level 1
Samsung DeX
yes,I agreeScreenshot_20220826-135932_Bixby Vision.jpg
0 Likes
kittzs
Active Level 1
Samsung DeX
me tooRDT_20220817_2027391945316519803788686_96_1661485822.png
0 Likes
Members_qMtHcSw
Beginner Level 3
Samsung DeX

Me too, that's the only thing keeping me not using dex

0 Likes
Marcil01
Beginner Level 4
Samsung DeX

I have the same problem, samsung keyboard does't support clipboard & Goolge voice input. and on some site skip space input.
I don't thing samusng is serious about DEX, To bad since the cloud is the future and they can really get a head with this.

0 Likes
Members_oqqd5kX
Beginner Level 3
Samsung DeX

Samsung Keyboard's enter key changes to "Next" instead of "Go" in pages wherein the search bar is not the only text field. Gboard doesn't seem to have this issue. I hope this gets fixed, or else i hope they let us change the default keyboard in dex. 

0 Likes
NguyenKhanh
Beginner Level 3
Samsung DeX

Gboard finally supports typing Vietnamese with the physical keyboard. But dex still does not allow me to use it. While Samsung keyboard is good, the lack of access to the clipboard is a very unbearable experience. And the auto-correction is not reliable for Vietnamese.

0 Likes