Original topic:

Download button in Samsung Internet

(Topic created on: 05-07-2022 11:18 AM)
ImpurfectHer
Active Level 3
Options
Samsung DeX
Is there a reason Samsung hasn't included a download button/option directly for videos being watched on Samsung Internet (on certain websites)? E.g. I'm watching a video online and want to download the video, why isn't there a download button (directly on the video) that one can then click to download the video directly to the device? Why do I have to send the link to another browser in order to download videos I'm currently watching directly to my device? (Such a browser would be UC Browser in case anyone was wondering). 
0 Likes
14 Comments
Theblueberry
Active Level 6
Samsung DeX
You can't download every video on the internet because you are supposed to pay for some of them. So being able to download paid ones makes it easier to pirate them and since that is illegal, Samsung does not include that feature in its browser.
But other browsers that do have the download button are just leaving it up to the user to choose whether or not to download paid videos.
Samsung just decided not to leave it up to user discretion. They want their browser to be used for legal purposes only.
0 Likes
ImpurfectHer
Active Level 3
Samsung DeX
Didn't say I wanted to download videos illegally. But please go on... 🚶🏿‍♀️
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Samsung DeX

lol, maybe some insight into how they think 🤔 😂

0 Likes
Theblueberry
Active Level 6
Samsung DeX
I didn't say you wanted to download videos illegally either.

I was just explaining the reason why Samsung likely doesn't include that feature. Since your post literally asks for that reason in the first sentence.
I was just answering you.

It's not mansplaining or anything gender related lol it should not be a surprise to have an answer to your question. Lol
ImpurfectHer
Active Level 3
Samsung DeX
Anyhow, I've posted my feedback on the browser. Accept or not, that's up to y'all. ✌🏿
0 Likes