Original topic:

Mouse cursor sticks to screen Samsung Dex

(Topic created on: 09-16-2022 08:30 AM)
Scott_H
Beginner Level 2
Options
Samsung DeX

Samsung S20+ with wired mouse on 2 seperpate computers.

Samsung Dex for PC 2.4.0.29

Playing a game Evony: The King's Return and sometimes holding mouse down to scroll up and down the mouse cursor sticks to the screen forcing screen to drag up and down as you move the mouse. They only way I find to release the pointer is geting out of the game screen and going back in.

0 Likes
6 Comments
Nylah
Options
Samsung DeX

Hi, we are sad to hear this, We request you to perform wipe cache partition on your device S 20+ and check the issue.

This will not erase personal data on the phone.

It deletes temporary cache files in the phone.

1) Turn off the device.

2) Press and hold the Volume Up key and the power key.

3) When the Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).

4) Press the Volume down key several times to highlight “wipe cache partition.”

5) Press the Power key to select.

6) Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press the Power key to select.

7) When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.

Press the Power key to restart the device.

And please try the Samsung DEX again.

0 Likes
Scott_H
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX

Thankyou for quick reply.

2) Press and hold the Volume Up key and the power key.

I could not get this to work unil I found a site that advised to plug the phone in and have now wiped the cache.

I shall test in next few hours and update you if issue reloved or repeats itself.

0 Likes
Scott_H
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX

Even after another fresh cache wipe I still get this issue happening sometimes again.

I have tried couple other apps that I can drag the screen and scroll up and down with and can't reproduce the issue so it must have something to do with the game app.

0 Likes
Axton
Options
Samsung DeX

Hi, please uninstall the app that you feel might be causing the issue.

0 Likes
Scott_H
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX

Hi Axton, 

App Cache wiped, App Data Wiped, Uninstalled.

Reinstalled App and can reproduce within a few mins the same issue of the mouse pointer sticking to the screen and scrolling dragging screen and or lists with it making it unuseable forcing me to go back out of the current menu then back in.

0 Likes
Scott_H
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX

I have not had this issue repeat itself lately and since there was no Dex update it must have been the game itself causing this issue as that has gone through many updates.

0 Likes