Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Question about usage of Dex

(Topic created on: 02-16-2024 04:23 PM)
AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Options
Samsung DeX
So, I have an S23 Ultra and a TV with HDMI, of course. I'm wondering if I connect via HDMI to USb-C, I can use the TV as Monitor to access and run any app, correct?
9 Comments
Solution
Ray1
Expert Level 2
Samsung DeX

You should be able to connect S23 Ultra and TV wirelessly with Dex so should be able to connect with the right cable

AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Samsung DeX
Well, TV isn't a Smart one, so that's why I need a cable
Al-001
Active Level 7
Samsung DeX
I think the convertor of HDMI to USB is not much cheaper than the chromecast adaptor which makes TV connecting to smartphones wirelessly. It's better to buy a chromecast adaptor made by Google. Bestbuy sometimes does on-sale of it.
AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Samsung DeX
Yeah, but I want to use it for more than just streaming TV/movies apps
Al-001
Active Level 7
Samsung DeX
You can set up your phone as mirror mode onto the TV with a wireless connection.
AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Samsung DeX
It's not a Smart TV
0 Likes
Al-001
Active Level 7
Samsung DeX
Use chromecast adaptor on your TV.
0 Likes
Day_Walker
Active Level 7
Samsung DeX
I currently do NOT own a SmartTV either and I'm using a FireSTickHD connected to power and the HDMI input on my TV and I just use the remote, press and holding the selection button and I select Mirror and voila when I select Dex on my S23 I see the FIreStickHD and boom I'm connected wirelessly.

Pleas note that thus far Tubi and Netflix does NOT show any video on my TV this way, although I can hear the audio.
0 Likes
Solution
Helenna
Options
Samsung DeX

Hi Yes, connecting your Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra to your TV via HDMI using a USB-C to HDMI adapter should allow you to use the TV as a monitor to access and run apps from your phone on the larger screen.

This feature is generally supported on Samsung devices, including those in Canada.