Original topic:

Z Flip 3 should have Dex support

(Topic created on: 10-03-2021 12:08 PM)
JohnH
Active Level 9
Options
Samsung DeX
Honestly not sure what else there is to say. The Flip 3 has no hardware limitations restricting its access to Dex, so I'm really confused why it doesn't support it. I used wireless dex with my TV all the time with my S21 but for some unknown reason I can't do that with my Flip.
26 Comments
Georgine
Options
Samsung DeX

Hi, DeX is not compatible with Samsung foldable devices including Z Flip3 even though  Z Flip3 allows you to use your smartphone like a computer by connecting the Z Flip3 to an external display, such as a TV or monitor, or to a computer.

Accordingly, please do not use the DeX pad as an accessory of Z Flip3.

JohnH
Active Level 9
Samsung DeX
I'm suggesting that samsung gives the Z Flip dex support. Unless there's a specific reason, it makes no sense as to why the Z Flip shouldn't be able to wireless run dex at the bare minimum.
Georgine
Options
Samsung DeX

Hi JohnH, the design doesn't support the feature. However, we will take it as feedback.

Samsung_QwxKYsr
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX

Hello there, with all do respect, id like to call that BS,  I've used Samsung phones for a long time and there the best. But the Zed Flip 3 has compatible hardware to run Dex has Snapdragon 888 5g how convenient the zed fold 3 has that chip, it has the latest software there's no reason that the Zed Flip 3 can't run dex. Sansung just does not want the Flip 3 to have it because samsung wants people to get the fold 3 because its a "productivity device". Besides the s21 has dex and it doesn't have the features of the zed fold 3 what about Note 9? That has dex and once again doesn't have the features of the Zed fold 3. Yes the Zed flip 3 is a fashion statement but thats not a good enough reason to not let the zed flip 3 have dex, this isn't the first time Samsung left out dex, happens once (that I know of) if I remember the tab 6 didn't come with dex out the box but Samsung patched it in with a software update, so my question is what is keeping Samsung from patching dex into the Zed flip 3 using an update like  with the Android 12 update for the zed flip for example. Can Samsung answer that question?

rodzghost
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX

My guess is either heat and/or charging issues.  I'm disappointed as well.  

Moysiek
Beginner Level 5
Samsung DeX

If the flip had Dex I would move to Samsung.  This is the only thing holding me back.

Samsung DeX

Fold 3 works just fine.

0 Likes
toffypops
Active Level 1
Samsung DeX

incorrect. Fold 3 has Dex and use same tech as FLIP 3...

Thirtytwo
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX
I use "your phone" it works good
0 Likes