Original topic:

Can't log into Samsung Health from anywhere, with any account

(Topic created on: 11-26-2022 11:09 AM)
mobiguy
Active Level 1
Options
Samsung Health

I have been trying since yesterday to install and log into Samsung Health to use my new Galaxy Watch 5 Pro. On my phone I get the following message:

This website is optimized for the following browsers. As it may not work correctly in other browsers, change your default browser and try again. (Error code: LNK_1004)

I have tried every browser available on my phone: Chrome and Firefox, which are both on the list in the app. I installed Samsung Internet and got the same message.

I switched to my computer and tried logging in from the Samsung Health login page, https://www.samsung.com/us/apps/samsung-health/. On the first attempt, I got directed to a login screen, put in my credentials, and entered the 2FA code Samsung sent to my watch. It waited a few seconds and directed me back to the login page, still logged out. On subsequent attempts I clicked on "Sign in/Create account" and after a few seconds got directed back to the home page I was already on. The only way to enter my credentials again was to clear all Samsung cookies first. That gave me one more chance, with the same result.

I tried this on my computer in Chrome and Firefox in Windows. Tried Firefox and Chromium in Ubuntu. Tried creating a new account with an email address I've never given to Samsung before. In every case Health recognizes me well enough to send a 2FA code to my phone, but completely ignores me after that.

If Health won't let me log in with a new email address to a supported browser with a clear cache, how is anyone logging in? Any suggestions? I sure would like to get some use out of my brand-new $500 Samsung watch.

13 Comments
Unwovened
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

Sadly, no. It's not just new watch users. I have the same thing too. I got logged out of the Smartthings app and can't control my TV because of it. Regardless of which browser I use, what's setup as default, how much blood I let drip in the microphone hole as sacrifice. Same result. Says browser is not compatible and doesn't let me sign in.

0 Likes
Zan3
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

I too have the exact same issue. I am using a OnePlus phone with my Galaxy Watch5. The same problem continues when I use a Samsung phone too. I tried everything. Will be checking this thread to see if anyone comes up with a solution.

KMacCS
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

Android, Google Credentials, needed to use computer as well

Not sure how well this works long term yet, however here are the steps as specific as I can make them:

• copy the browser link that pops up on your phone and email it to yourself - open in approved browser on desktop/laptop
  • Log in with whatever credentials you used before (I used google so it wanted that method).  
  • Select register email on main screen - if you don't have a password yet it will make you complete that task first - that's fine and was all I needed to get the login to work on the phone
  • Go back to phone, smart health, login, type in your email address that you use (again, mine is google) and then I was prompted for my password (first time ever).
  • Once you have done that navigate all the permissions portions and get to accessories - make sure your watch is listed as an accessory, if not then
    • search for watch in the accessory list (search for nearby is easiest)
    • on watch select the icon for samsung health, scroll down to settings
    • scroll ALL the way down to 'make visible to other devices'
    • and then it should show up to your phone - select and register

So far it is working for me, maybe it will for y'all as well

ckoenig
Beginner Level 3
Samsung Health

It didn't work for me. The link does now allow me to login

0 Likes