Original topic:

Can't log into Samsung Health from anywhere, with any account

(Topic created on: 11-26-2022 11:09 AM)
mobiguy
Active Level 1
Options
Samsung Health

I have been trying since yesterday to install and log into Samsung Health to use my new Galaxy Watch 5 Pro. On my phone I get the following message:

This website is optimized for the following browsers. As it may not work correctly in other browsers, change your default browser and try again. (Error code: LNK_1004)

I have tried every browser available on my phone: Chrome and Firefox, which are both on the list in the app. I installed Samsung Internet and got the same message.

I switched to my computer and tried logging in from the Samsung Health login page, https://www.samsung.com/us/apps/samsung-health/. On the first attempt, I got directed to a login screen, put in my credentials, and entered the 2FA code Samsung sent to my watch. It waited a few seconds and directed me back to the login page, still logged out. On subsequent attempts I clicked on "Sign in/Create account" and after a few seconds got directed back to the home page I was already on. The only way to enter my credentials again was to clear all Samsung cookies first. That gave me one more chance, with the same result.

I tried this on my computer in Chrome and Firefox in Windows. Tried Firefox and Chromium in Ubuntu. Tried creating a new account with an email address I've never given to Samsung before. In every case Health recognizes me well enough to send a 2FA code to my phone, but completely ignores me after that.

If Health won't let me log in with a new email address to a supported browser with a clear cache, how is anyone logging in? Any suggestions? I sure would like to get some use out of my brand-new $500 Samsung watch.

13 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Samsung Health

I don't use a Samsung Watch, but do you have Samsung's Wearable app "Samsung Wear" installed on the phone?

Would have thought that you wouldn't need to link the two with a website on a Web browser.

Should be just able to scan for nearby devices and then connect the phone to the watch.

At least that seems to be how I would want it to work. 

mobiguy
Active Level 1
Samsung Health

That's how I'd like it to work too, but unfortunately Samsung Wear behaves the same as Samsung Health. It redirects to a web browser to log in.

I had no trouble logging into my Google account, and I have been using Google's apps, including Google Play, on the watch. But I can't reach any Samsung services from either the watch or the phone, or from my computer for that matter. Weird.

Samsung Health
You could login to Samsung Health app. Not login from web browser. Then you can use Samsung Health from GW5 Pro and wearable app.
VWFeature
Beginner Level 4
Samsung Health

I tried logging in from the Samsung Health app, and that seemed to work. It doesn't DO anything, but all I want is to get my Active 2 working!

mobiguy
Active Level 1
Samsung Health

Tapping the "Sign In" button in Samsung Health redirects me to the web browser to log in. That's when the web browser gets the unsupported browser error - even when the page is loaded in Samsung Internet or Chrome. There is no way to log in to Samsung Health from within the app itself.

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Samsung Health

If that is indeed the case, then this IS an excellent example of WHERE Samsung SHOULD copy Apple.. ridiculous if true!!.. 🙄 

0 Likes
mobiguy
Active Level 1
Samsung Health

Definitely ridiculous. I'm hoping it's not true, just something I'm doing wrong, but I can't imagine another way to test it. Different accounts, including a new one, different devices, different browsers, different OSes on the PC. The Samsung logins work, with 2FA, or I wouldn't be able to be here posting. But I can't get into Health anywhere, and I can't get into my account on the Galaxy Wearable app on the phone, so I can't tie my watch to a Samsung account.

I hope it's me, but I can't figure out anything I haven't tried.

ElDonJola
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

I have the same problem. If I try to sign in, get the error. Even if I installed Samsung Web-Browser and defined as standard app, won't help...

Any idea??

mobiguy
Active Level 1
Samsung Health

Maybe this is only a problem for new watch users. If so, they'd better get it fixed by Christmas. Actually they'd better get it fixed before all those Black Friday buyers get their watches.