Original topic:

Restore Samsung Health data after factory reset

(Topic created on: 03-15-2020 06:05 AM)
stmax
Active Level 6
Options
Samsung Health
I did a factory reset. I had backed up using Samsung Cloud.  Everything came back except SAMSUNG health data.  Very frustrating.  Any ideas to get this back?

I did use the download data function in the app but it just saved an excel file on my phone.

I also went to my account from a computer.  I requested the data but that was 24 hours ago and nothing came.

S9+ running Android 10.
0 Likes
12 Comments
stmax
Active Level 6
Samsung Health
Funny. By magic mine popped up when I switched phones? Not sure what to think.
0 Likes
Kittyberg55403
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

After their "update" on April 15th, it stopped tracking steps on the app. After 3 days of not noticing and trying to search for a fix and contacting three different completely useless support "agents," finally someone leaving a scathing review in the Playstore said steps will not track in the newest update without allowing PHONE PERMISSIONS which is so beyond stupid and not a feature that anyone wants. In an effort to get steps to track before I found their comment, I downloaded all data from Samsung Health, verified two factor authentication was turned on, and data was synced with my Samsung account. I also, for good measure, backed up my phone to my Google Drive before uninstalling and reinstalling the app. After launching, it asked if I wanted to "restore" data, it struggled to complete that task at various percentages for 6 hours. Still no step history. None. Zero. Achievements? Yup. Global challenge? Yup. Step count for the last 4 goshdang years though? Nope. Currently on with my 4th "support" agent, they keep telling me to pay to bring my phone in for service. Super pissed at Samsung, so much for years of brand loyalty. 

0 Likes
Orlando7
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

Did anyone find the solution? Now I'm having the same issue.

0 Likes